I'm Here as a Tourist

Chapter 8
I'm Here as a Tourist
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Unlike what I thought it would be for the rest of the summer, I didn't wake up to the loud noise of the alarm clock. I look over to the clock in this room. Fortunately, it's not an alarm clock. I guess I woke up before the alarm clock went--there it goes. I cover my ears, impatiently waiting on them to turn it off.

About what feels--but isn't--an hour later, they finally turn it off. I happily uncover my ears. I hope by the end of the summer I'll still be able to hear.

I get out of the bed, change, and brush my hair and teeth. With that done, I get out of the room and into the kitchen. As I sit down, Grandma places a plate of (F) on the table for me. I have to admit that their pretty fast for their age!

"Good morning, dear," Grandma says.

"Morning," I reply, picking up the utensil.

"It'll be a good mornin' when we finally get rid of that alarm clock!" Grandpa complains. Yes! Their going to get rid of it! Well, hopefully.

"Oh, (N), we can't get rid of it! It's the only thing that will wake us in the morning," Grandma tells him. Oh, come on!

"Yeah! I'd like to take a hammer to it!" Don't we all?!

Grandpa walks over to me and sits down beside me.

"Hey, (N/N), maybe we should go over to the Mystery Shack. I've heard they have amazing creatures from the forest," Grandpa says, calling me by my nickname.

"Yeah?" I ask, knowing that they're probably not real.

"Oh! Wasn't that where (Y/N)'s new friends live?" Friends. For so reason that word caught me. I know I'm friends with Mabel. It's just I don't know about Dipper. We never truly had a full conversation. If we did, what would we even talk about? I mean, taken from what I do know, he's been almost everywhere in Gravity Falls discovering monsters. I, on the other hand, never knew monsters existed!

"Come on! Let's go!" Grandpa says, pating my back.

We walk out to the car that's so old that there's probably a jalopy out in the world younger than it! It looks and drives as if it's new, though. Weird, right?

I can already see the sign that says 'Mystery Hack'. The 'S' is somewhere laying on the roof, but it has indeed fallen from it's original place.

We get out and walk towards the door. As we get closer and closer, I wonder if they even remember me. Grandpa opens the door to be somewhat met by a smiling Mabel, who is actually helping Dipper clean. She gasps and runs to the door.

"HI! YOU MUST BE (Y/N)'S GRANDPA! I'M MABEL! IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU!" she greets him.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Mabel," Grandpa says, holding out his hand for her to shake. She does.

"Mabel, don't annoy the tourists," I can hear Dipper scold.

"It's (Y/N) and her grandparents!" Mabel says.

"(Y/N)?" I could hear him terribly murmur to himself.

"Come on in!" Mabel says, grabbing my hand and pulling me in. Grandpa and Grandma follow us. The whole area is filled with all kinds of weird stuff. I can't believe I didn't notice all of this the last time I was down here!

"Isn't it all just wonderful?" Grandma asks, hands clasped together at her chest.

"Everything is fake. Don't let my grunkle fool you like everyone else in Gravity Falls," I hear Dipper's voice whisper in my ear. I can't help but laugh.

"I won't," I whisper back. I walk off where my grandparents are, wishing I didn't.