4. A rapper and songwriter

The moment Chaeyoung's eyes fluttered opened, she groaned, regretting last night's decision to drink all those shots. Last night was fun and she made it through her first college party.

After reluctantly dragging herself out of bed, Chaeyoung gazed into the mirror and there was a dark spot on her neck, evidence of the activities she caught on last night.

Tracing her finger of the hickey, the memories replayed in her head and she blushed.

A knock on her bedroom and Mina's muffled voice was heard from the other side. "I made breakfast."

Dragging her feet out of her room, Chaeyoung joined Mina at the small table situated in the kitchen.

They didn't exchange any words. Mina was solely focused on her food and Chaeyoung stole quick glances at her as she eat.

Mina was already dressed, hair neatly pulled back, face covered in light makeup.

"It's rude to stare."

Chaeyoung blinked at the words, her eyes casting down in embarrassment. She didn't mean to stare.

"Your classes start in an hour, you should get dressed." Mina reminded her and Chaeyoung met her gaze.

Mina's eyes fell down for a split second, before she met Chaeyoung's eyes once again. "You should cover up that... bruise."

The blonde's cheeks flushed red, her hand skimming over the skin of her neck.

"Your friend, Nayeon also stopped by this morning. She told me to remind you about practice today." Mina repeated the message.

"How does she know where I stay?"

"I wondered as well, but she said that she asked Jihyo. Don't worry, I ran a background check on all your friends already. Everything is clear." Mina said and got up to clear the table.

Chaeyoung noticed the silver necklace hanging around her neck, with a cross dangling from the chain. "That's pretty, who gave that to you?"

Mina turned her back to the blonde. "It was a gift from my mother."

Chaeyoung left their conversation at that after realising that Mina wasn't really the talkative type.

//

"Are you going to explain to me what happened last night with that guy or pretend nothing happened." Momo leaned against Dahyun's doorframe, watching the girl collect her books for class.

Dahyun sighed, throwing her bag over her shoulder. "It was just a misunderstanding. Can we leave it at that?"

Momo didn't respond and the way she was looking at Dahyun made the pale girl feel nervous.

"Could you also not tell my dad?" Dahyun added.

"I'm supposed to report something like this to him." Momo finally answered.

"It'll only make him worry. Please, you don't understand how he gets." Dahyun explained.

Momo nodded her head. "Just this once."

//

The day went by fast and now Chaeyoung was headed towards the auditorium to meet Nayeon for practice.

Mina maintained her distance behind Chaeyoung, despite the blonde's best efforts to strike up a conversation with her.

"Chaeyoung hey!" Somi approached her with a grin.

"How you feeling after last night?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hungover, but I'm feeling pretty good if you know what I mean." Somi said hinting to what happened between them.