Chapter 2: Dex

I sit anxiously in my class, The Universe, waiting for Keefe to come in with some excuse to have to take me. 

Where are you, Keefe? I think, glancing at the clock. My leg bounces up at down as I try to listen to my mentor.

Moments later, the door swings open, revealing Keefe. He winks at me as he goes up to Lady Nuala. He says something, probably that I'm needed elsewhere. I see her sigh but she motions for him to go ahead.

Keefe skips over to me, grabbing my stuff and looping his arm around mine before dragging me out of the classroom. He keeps leading me down the halls when I realize we aren't going the right way.

I stop, causing him to turn. "Where are we going?"

He grins. "The teacher's lounge, of course! They have all the best snacks. We'll need to be properly fed for our trip."

Keefe stops at a door and picks the lock with something he found in his pocket. In front of the now-open door, he says, "Voila!"

I follow behind him as he shoves his mouth with butter blasts and indigoobers. Still with food in his mouth, he mumbles, "Give me your bag," but with the food it sound like, "Gbb mm yrp bg."

When I hand it to him, he starts shoving food in it. There's so much in it that once he's done it can barely close.

Wiping the crumbs from his mouth, he announces, "I'm ready. Let's go!"

I take my bag from him and pop some butterblasts in my mouth. The gooey goodness melts in my mouth as we hurry to the Leapmaster 1000. "Mysterium!"

Foxfire fades away and Mysterium glitters into view. It's not very crowded at the moment since most kids are in school right now. Some people at stalls try to sell us stuff but we hurry towards Slurps and Burps. 

The misshapen building sticks out among the rest of Mysterium and the door belches when we walk in. My dad, Kesler, looks up and smiles when he sees us. "What are you two doing here?"

Keefe starts to wander through the aisles. "I just broke him out of the penitentiary." To me, he says, "Can you get the foam elixir? I'm looking for .  . . alternative supplies."

I head to my workshop in the back while my dad suggests certain prank elixirs to Keefe. He even gives my friend a sample of what he's working on right now.

By the time I back out, Keefe has already gotten an armful of elixirs and promised to test at least ten different experimental elixirs. I pull him away from my dad before he can accept anything else. "Bye, Dad! See you later!"

"Tell me how it goes!" He yells after us, but I'm not sure if it's meant for me or for Keefe.

We leap back to Foxfire and Keefe excitedly gives me an inventory of all his new elixirs. He shoves them in his own bookbag before hurrying off to where I hope is his class.

I go back to my classroom, careful to be extra silent as I enter. Thankfully, Lady Nuala is looking at the board and talking. I tune her out and think about lunchtime and the prank that awaits. My mind strays from the prank to what Keefe is doing with his countless prank elixirs because I know that he didn't go back to class.

My mouth twitches into a small smile. I'm 99% sure that Keefe came up with this prank to distract me and I'm thankful. I haven't though about Marella all day.

Oops,  I think. Nevermind.

----

word count: 549

should i have the povs of other character (namely sophie, marella, zonie, and tazra) or leave it with just Keefe and Dex?

I think I might add in other povs every now and then, but i'm not sure