"What?"

"Nothing. I just thought it was cute seeing you cheesing."

"We're just friends."

"Did I say y'all were more than that? You need to stop telling on yourself."

"I don't know. When we first started talking, it was awkward and he couldn't even look me in the eye or hold a conversation for more than a minute. Now, it's like he's gained so much confidence and it's so sexy. He's so caring and funny. I really like getting to know him, but..."

"But what?"

"I'm not a fan of the whole long distance thing."

"If y'all eventually get to that step, I'm sure you two will figure it out. You guys could take turns going to see each other for a while before one of you decides to move."

"New York didn't seem that bad when we were there."

"That's the spirit."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and walked out of my room.

"Are you guys sure y'all don't want to come to dinner?" I asked the crew as I slipped on my heels.

"We're sure. Enjoy the time alone."

"You still going to Capital Grille?"

"Actually, I decided to make a reservation at Coastal Fish. I'm more in the mood for seafood than steak. What?" I saw them looking at each other.

"Nothing, have fun."

"Don't stay out too late or we'll come hunt you down."

"Yeah right. Love y'all!"

Dewayne called me on the way to the restaurant. That man told me that he was on the way to his hotel when he was actually on the way to Coastal.

When I got to the restaurant, I was seated outside where I had the view of the water. I ordered calamari to start and the Chilean sea bass for my main course along with a Paloma cocktail.

As I looked through the wine list, I noticed someone stop at my table.

"Do you have room for one more?" I looked up to see my boo looking so handsome in black tie.

"Dewayne, stop playing with me. What are you doing here?" I engulfed him in a hug.

"I wanted to have dinner with my lady. Is that a crime?"

"No, it would be my pleasure." I kissed him. The waitress came back with my drink and appetizer, and she took Dewayne's order.

"We would also like two glasses of Chardonnay."

"Yes, of course."

"What are we celebrating?"

"It's our anniversary."

"It hasn't been a year yet."