Chapter 40: The fried horse mackerel is revisiting

Start from the beginning

I hope this will improve their mood at least a little…

“Then it’s time to go to my house ……”

“Oh, before we go to your house…”

“?”

“Let’s buy some ham”

“You’re still buying more!?”

Ham, sausages, mantou, and melons are purchased before heading to the Hihara residence. It’s not about trying to buy their favor, but considering the grave mistake I made with their daughter, it’s better to buy a few things like this.

◆◆◆

We arrived at her house.

“Just wait a moment…”

“Ah, okay.”

She entered the house ahead of me. After a short while, I could hear her loud voice from inside.

[Wait a minute!!! This is no good!! What is this?! It’ll make us look like a weird family!! No, no!! Absolutely not!!]

What’s going on? This seems quite serious. Should I just go back?

While contemplating that, the door of the house opened, and she emerged with a gloomy expression.

“Please, come in…”

“I-Is everything okay?”

“Yes, for now… uhm, well, my parents have been a bit unique or something like that lately. But they’re incredibly kind and good people, so please don’t misunderstand.”

“Eh, yes.”

She emphasized it to me, and I entered the house. The interior was beautiful and had a sense of cleanliness. It exuded an elegant and calm atmosphere. She stopped in front of a door that seemed to lead to the living room.

“My parents are grateful to you, Izayoi. Of course, I am too. But I think their level of gratitude is over the top… So please, don’t think too strangely of us.”

“Yes, you don’t have to remind me twice.”

“But it still feels inadequate…”

“Eh?”

“Well then, welcome to the Hihara family.”

She opened the door with a somewhat disappointed expression. And there, I saw…

“Welcome, Kuroda Izayoi-sama!! The Grand Gratitude Festival!!”

A large sign-like object was hanging, adorned with paper rings and paper flowers. There were even paper lanterns. The room was extravagantly decorated to the point where you wouldn’t see such decorations even at Christmas.

“Welcome, Izayoi-kun.”

“Welcome, come on in and have a seat.”

The Hihara couple greeted me with beaming smiles. I had no idea what was going on.

“Uhm?”