Part 5: Nothing Ordinary About This

a/n: Just a quick disclaimer- I referenced Wiccan ceremonies, considering they're Warlocks and Witches. That being said, it's a version I wrote that catered to their fictional world and is, therefore, not 100% accurate. I mean no offense to any practicing Wiccans.

:::

No More Niada

:::

An eight-year-old Adain glared at his cousin Beatrice as she became increasingly clingy with his best friend. They were playing on the sidewalk in front of Grandpa's house. The tiny Warlock had more family members than he could count on his fingers, but that girl became number one on his blacklist. She'd effectively kept Talon away from Aid all day. But the last straw was when she rose on the tips of her toes and planted one big, squishy kiss on the blond boy's cheek.

Adain began to mutter under his breath as he glared at the area above his female cousin's head. He felt rather pleased with himself when he saw a dark little raincloud forming over her. Then, water began to rain down on Beatrice's pigtails, and she shrieked, running back inside the house. He couldn't help but laugh when the rain cloud followed her right inside, and she wailed.

"Adain, that wasn't very nice," Talon chided when he rushed over to him. "Warlocks only use their spells for good."

"It's just a little water," Adain countered. "Besides, it's gone now. I can't make the cloud for very long."

"Yeah, but you can't do that to everyone you don't like. You'll get caught!"

"Fine, whatever." Aid admitted with a sigh. "But only if you stop letting people kiss your cheek."

"But you never even kiss me on the cheek," Talon replied in confusion. "Why's it matter if someone else does?"

"It just does!"

"If you say so," the blond conceded with a sigh.

Adain slid his hands into his back pockets as he kicked a tiny pebble down the sidewalk. "Anyone kiss you on the lips before?"

"No. You?"

Adain pressed his lips to Talon's in a firm kiss, which surprised them both. "I have now." He grinned when he saw the blush that overtook his bestie's face.

::

"You should tell him."

As Adain stirred awake, he tried to make out the voices he heard. That first one had to be Rosie.

"He's your cousin!"

That one was definitely Talon.

"But, you're the one that lives with him now; he should hear it from you."

Rosie again? Or Avery?

"Why do I have the strangest déjà vu I've had a similar conversation before?"

Heavy eyelids slowly fluttered open when Adain decided he couldn't take the bickering anymore. He wondered if what he'd seen before was a childhood dream or a lost memory. As the Warlock slowly took a deep breath, he felt a lightness on his chest that he hadn't felt in weeks. That thought alone startled him the rest of the way awake. He immediately patted his chest with his hands and breathed a sigh of relief and bittersweetness.

No more 'Niada.' His fingers trailed along the rainbow bracelets he'd kept. Losing his other form made him feel a bit sad. Was it because he had lost his last viable excuse to wear and use feminine things? Why did he think he even needed a reason in the first place?