Chapter 94 - The First "I Love You" in Eight Years

Start from the beginning

Spot. Race's smile grew. I get to see Spot again.

Meanwhile, Spot was in the room Snowflake was in, talking to her.

It had been barely an hour since she had woken up and the doctor had treated her injury and, to her dismay, put her on bed rest.

"I kept telling him that I didn't want to be involved," Snowflake explained. She was propped up against a few pillows that separated her back from the wall and was playing with London's hand.

Her girlfriend was sat next to her, just listening.

"I'm not sure if it was his intention for Race to escape — I assume not because he was really angry about it, but I never know with him — but once Race ran to Harlem, I knew we were involved, whether I liked it or not," Snowflake explained.

"Because if you didn't choose a side, the boroughs still wouldn't have been happy if you didn't help Race." Spot sighed, reading her like a book, just like he had been able to eight years before.

Snowflake nodded. "And Giovanni was the only one I knew, you know? Plus, I was furious with you because of him... you know, using the fact that I thought you had left me to his advantage..." she mumbled. "I guess I should've known he was a snake, just like his brother." She shook her head. "But I was so... angry. I was so angry at you because Ma always told us that siblings came above everything else and to never leave your sibling, and... and I thought you had left me."

Spot took a deep breath, feeling all of his emotions from the past eight years rush back to him. "I prayed for years to find you," he told her softly, taking her hand. "I didn't want to think you were dead. I hoped you weren't."

Snowflake managed a small smile. "I wasn't."

Spot smiled slightly, still clearly uneasy. "There were so many bad days." He looked at the door. "Race helped me through some of them. He's one of the only people outside of Ace, Red, and Chris, Hotshot who know."

"Oh, speaking of which," Snowflake leaned forward, wincing in pain.

London stopped her from moving. "No, ma'am." She tsked.

Snowflake rolled her eyes fondly. "I'm fine."

"We do this every time you get injured."

"I'm dandy. I can move."

"You can also lie, which is what you're doing now."

Snowflake rolled her eyes again. "A little pain never hurt anyone."

"Actually, I'm pretty sure a little pain does hurt," London replied.

Snowflake shook her head. "Smarty." She ruffled her hair.

London raised an eyebrow at her, not moving to fix her hair. "Distracting me and flattering me isn't going to make me let you move."

Snowflake pouted. "Meanie."

"Not going to do anything either."

Snowflake sighed. "I give up." She crossed her arms.

"Woah, that's new." London raised an eyebrow. "Are you feeling okay?" She felt her forehead.