"No! Jaccob, I'm not pregnant. Remember, I'm on birth control and thankfully I got my period a few days later. I even took a test to be sure and it said I wasn't pregnant. But Andrei doesn't know that," I told him to reassure him, and he sort of calmed down.

We stood there in silence, and I could tell he was still trying to process everything I had just told him.

I felt my phone vibrate in my sweatshirt pocket, so I pulled it out and groaned.

Speaking of Andrei.

How come you've been ignoring me? I know I fucked up. I'd just like to sit down and talk about it since I'm back in Raleigh.

I'm at my brother's house to help him clean. Maybe a different time.

Why don't I just come over then?

I'm not exactly sure if Jaccob would like that, considering he's been asking me why you've been acting weird the entire time the Canes were on the road trip. Not to mention he said you've spoken more Russian than usual.

I'll help clean

Again, not sure how my brother would like that.

I just want to talk about what happened a little over a week ago considering you've been ignoring me since then. That's why I've been acting weird, according to Jaccob.

And I was speaking more Russian because I really don't want anybody else hearing my complaining about how I fucked this relationship up because I was dumb. Really the only person who understood me was Kooch.

Kooch?

Pyotr Kochetkov, one of our goalies

Anyways, I'm coming over. See ya in a bit

"What did Andrei want?" Jaccob asked.

I sighed as I read Andrei's message just inviting himself over to Jaccob's house to help him and I clean for Whitney to come over. "I guess he's coming over to help us," I muttered. I was not amused by this.

Jaccob looked at me in confusion. "What?" he asked, raising his voice.

"Jaccob, I never said that he could come over. If anything, I was against him coming over because I'm upset about the fact that he nearly got me pregnant," I told my now infuriated brother.

He raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "Whatever. The cleaner the house, the happier Whitney will be," he chuckled as he handed me a lemon scented spray and a dirty, white wash rag. "Get cleaning!" he cheerfully exclaimed.

I groaned. Oh well, I guess this was my payment for staying at my brother's place when I first got to Raleigh.

There was a heavy knocking at Jaccob's door, and since I was assigned to straighten the upstairs living room, I had to go answer the door.

I opened the door and instantly regretted it.

There stood Andrei Svechnikov, the same guy who nearly changed both of our lives.

"Hi," he said with his deadly smile.

I kept my frown on my face, glaring into his deep, brown eyes. "Jaccob told me you got the guest room downstairs. Don't interrupt me, I'm midway through Taylor Swift's album 1989." I told him, then walked back to the living room to continue cleaning.