"I can't fucking believe it.." I whisper, looking up to see Salem who's also dumbfounded.

"I can't believe you, Ari!" She says, standing up to move closer to me. We're sitting side by side, our eyes widen in awe as we stare and reread the words on the check yet again. "You're such a fucking charmer," Salem laughs, "You both agreed on forty-five yet he gave sixty? That's an extra fifteen!"

The sound of people talking overlaps Salem and I's conversation. It's currently ten o'clock and I have a meeting scheduled with the fabrics department, that includes Sofia, in a few minutes. I should be going, though my mind still can't seem to grasp that I have sixty million dollars in my hands right now.

Well, I used to until Salem decided to take it from my hands and inspect it herself.

"Sal, I need to get going. I have a meeting in a few minutes and I need to prepare." I say with a sigh, getting up as I look down at her. Salem frowns at me and I can't help but feel a bit guilty for having to leave her. It wasn't easy getting her in too, it's mentioned in the regulation of the company that outsiders are strictly not allowed unless attending an event, meeting, or things such regarding business.

Technically, it was kind of for business purposes since we are talking about this check. But then again, I'd rather not be scolded by Rainer because who knows what things it could escalate to considering the fact that we're now placed under a contract. A sex one, to be specific.

Even though it officially commences on Friday, it wasn't like I wouldn't enjoy doing things with Rainer already. There isn't any harm in starting things in advance. The thought of it makes me bite my lip, as an attempt to stop myself from acting in such ways in public, and in front of my own best friend.

"I'm sure you know the way out, Sal, we basically walked the whole place as we talked about that.. Eleanor, was it?" I turn to her and she nods. "Since you're already inside, no one's gonna ask for your ID or anything so.. I'll see you tonight?" My arms are full with my laptop, some important files, and a cup of coffee which leaves me with no choice but to just give Salem a quick kiss on the cheek.

It takes a few minutes for us to actually say our goodbyes, and I end up rushing to the meeting room. Other employees give me bad looks and weird stares as I push through crowds, but I don't mind. It's now ten-fourteen A.M., the meeting starts at ten-fifteen but I'm lucky enough to see the blurred window of the meeting room's door.

I fasten my pace and thankfully, I enter the meeting room at exactly ten-fifteen. All eyes are on me and heat is rushing to my cheeks again, if only Salem wasn't such an attached bitch I would've been here earlier. My eyes wander the large room to see a full table, not a single seat is left and when I turn my head to look at my supposedly reserved seat to my left, I'm quite literally jaw-dropped.

The fucking devil is staring back at me with a smirk. His intertwined hands are placed on his lap and he's sitting with one leg over the other. I can only bet that he's the reason why all of the employees are sitting upright. I look over to Sofia, who's at the other end of the table, and she looks at me with an 'I'm sorry' look while shrugging.

It's complete silence, and I scan the room for an extra chair.

None.

"You can sit with me, Ms. Emberlyn." Rainer offers and I want to chuckle at how he's calling me by my last name again. He motions for me to come over with the curl of his index finger and then gently pats on his lap. I'm frozen in place, and I start picking at the skin of my fingers as I debate on following his request.

I sigh, and make sure to keep my posture as I walk towards him. The whole rooms eyes follow my movement and some of their mouths go agape, watching me sit on Rainer's lap. How the fuck am I supposed to stay professional when my ass is inches away from my boss, or let's say Dominant,'s dick?