The Truth

Mira's POV
The doors slammed open. Lucy stood in the doorway panting heavily, she put her hand on her chest and winced. "Lucy, what's wrong? what happened?" Lucy took a step forwards before collapsing. I rushed over to her and checked her temperature. "Wendy, help me she's burning up!" I felt a tug on my ankle I looked at Lucy. "Mira, get me... To... The... Basement. Don't let anyone near me. There's a... Letter in my... Pocket explaining. Quick before... It... Takes over." As I watched Lucy her eyes started flickering from chocolate brown to gold. I went to shout for help in moving her down to the basement. Laxus came down which was unusual. Before I could arrange to get Lucy down to safety she stood up but something was different. She wobbled slightly and I backed off. She sniffed the air and seemed to follow an invisible trail to wherever she was going. She picked up her peace as she neared Laxus before standing right infront of him. She stood on her tiptoes before taking a deep sniff. "Mine." I heard her whisper before she collapsed. We quickly moved her to the basement before she woke up. I read her letter to the whole guild.

Dear Fairy Tail,
If your reading this then I'm sorry. Because I'm a Celestial wizard I'm going through a period which only occurs every 100 years. This is where a Celestial wizard will find a partner to spend eternity with. There is only one problem. If I have found my mate I will stop at nothing to get him and if I don't get my mate after finding him I will die. There were many gaps at this point, but I carried on: during this time I will be extremely powerful, because I have 10 of the zodiac keys the urges to do... Stuff will be much stronger for me than a Dragon slayer's mating season. I will also take on certain aspects of my mate.
The period will last for a week to three weeks. I've already had all the symptoms, and this time it will probably last two weeks but be way stronger since I have been holding it back for a week so i could research what was happening. If you need anymore information there is a book at my house.
So please whatever you do don't let me find my mate.
Lucy xx
"I think it might be too late to stop her from finding her mate." Laxus spoke from behind me making me jump. We all turned to see Lucy asleep in Laxus' arms. "How did she get here! I made sure the cell was locked!" We all rushed down to the cell I had put Lucy in. The lock was melted off and when I touched the bars I was given a static shock. "Don't tell me she took on Laxus' lightning attribute!" We all went back upstairs to see Lucy on Laxus' lap, the pair of them fast asleep, and when she turned her head we saw that she had small fangs.

Well this was different.

Laxus' POV
When Mira asked for help taking Lucy downstairs, I was pulled forward by some invisible force and ended up downstairs. I watched as Lucy silently stood up and started sniffing the air, I subconsciously took a sniff as well, what an amazing smell! Strawberries and vanilla mmm... Lucy was coming closer picking up speed as she did, as she came closer the scent became stronger. She stood infront of me before reaching up and sniffing me "mine" she said. That word sent shivers up my spine and before I knew it she collapsed. I felt a strong connection form between the two of us as we moved her down to the cells I nearly growled at any guy who touched her. I nearly whimpered when I had to leave her - she looked so small and vulnerable. But more importantly why was I feeling like this. As Mira started to read the letter I tuned out until I heard "a Celestial wizard will find a partner to spend eternity with" I was slightly shocked, so whoever Lucy decided to be with was her partner forever. As soon as I thought about Lucy I couldn't tear my thoughts away from her until I felt something warm settle in my lap. I looked down only to see Lucy fast asleep in my lap curled up like a cat. I had a sudden urge to pet her - so I did. She stirred slightly in her sleep causing her hair to move leaving her delicate neck exposed. I felt my teeth begin to ache and I ran my tongue over my teeth surprised when I found a set of elongated fangs. I don't know why but I really wanted to mark her. I had never found my mate in the Dragon Slayer mating season but now I really wanted to mark her. It took all of my willpower to not mark her. I realised that Mira was still reading the letter.
"So please whatever you do don't let me find my mate."
Uuh oh... I finally spoke up "I think it might be too late to stop her from finding her mate." Everyone looked towards me only to look surprised to see a sleeping Lucy in my arms. "How did she get here! I made sure the cell was locked!" Mira shouted, luckily I expected this and covered Lucy's ears just in time, luckily she didn't wake up I sighed as Mira and the others rushed off. I had the sudden urge to hold Lucy close to me and just fall asleep, to be honest I was starting to get quite tired maybe a little nap won't do much harm. I fell asleep still gently petting her head.

Lucy's POV
It's coming. I wouldn't be able to hold it back for much longer, it was hard enough trying to keep it back for a week. I shoved the letter into my pocket to keep it safe. I realised I had reached the guild. I pushed the door open I was breathing hard. The longer I held on the worse the pain became, now my heart was beginning to ache. When I took a step forwards I collapsed, my legs wouldn't work! I had to warn Mira. I sensed her come running up to my side. "Mira, get me... To... The... Basement. Don't let anyone near me. There's a... Letter in my... Pocket explaining. Quick before... It... Takes over." At this point I wouldn't last any longer. My eyes began to change, i could are my vision enhance and then return to their usual state. I gave in. The task of trying to keep my senses was too much for me too manage. Suddenly I felt a great desire and want for someone. Out of instinct I sniffed the air and started wobbling my way towards the owner. As I went I picked up speed. The smell was intoxicating, mint and chocolate, I couldn't get enough of it. I stopped. I was right by its owner. I stood on my tiptoes and took a deep sniff "Mine." I whispered before fainting.
When I came to I was in the cells. I vaguely remember asking Mira to put me in here. But where was he? WHERE WAS MY MATE!? I panicked I held the lock and a jolt of lightening released itself from my palm melting through the lock. I walked out and used my nose to find him, as I walked up to the bar I saw him. Laxus. He was perfect in every way. I silently walked over to him - he looked deep in thought and didn't notice me until I had curled up in his lap cat style and fallen asleep. I felt so peacefull just lying on my mate's lap asleep. I relaxed even more when he started to pet me. It felt nice. I must have moved slightly and my neck must have been exposed because I heard a sharp intake of breath and felt Laxus' desire to mark me. Through my dream state I heard him say something and then someone else scream. I slowly let my brain rest when I felt that he too had fallen asleep and I dreamt of him and only him.