Epilogue

June 15th, 1990
( y/ns POV )

I stood on the sidelines of the stage as I watched Eddie and the rest of Corroded Coffin preform. I felt the stage shake as the speakers boomed with music and the band kept getting more and more crazy. Hearing the roar of the crowd was all worth the work Eddie put in to his music.

This was the third sold out show of the tour. This was Corroded Coffins first international tour, and to sell out three shows is insanely good. Tonight, we were in our home state. They were performing in Indianapolis, Indiana. Just two hours away from Hawkins. "Hey y/n, your food order just came in." Stacy told me pointing to Eddie's changing room. "Okay, thanks Stacy." I said as I blew a kiss to Eddie and walked backstage. I entered Eddie's changing room and got my food.

There are MAJOR perks to your boyfriend being a famous musician. This pasta was from the best pasta place in town, they literally make handmade pasta. I smiled at the note next to it, personally from Eddie. "I hope you enjoy your food, eat up princess. I know these shows can be tiring." with a heart and "-Eddie"  next to it. I started to eat my food as Wayne walked inside the dressing room. "Hey y/n." Wayne said as he sat down across from me with his food. "Hey Wayne." I smiled. "Pretty crazy out there huh?" Wayne said. "For sure." I laughed.

"Oh, how's your new place?" I asked. "It's great! Thank you again, not many people your guys age would pay for that." Wayne said. "It's no problem, and you deserve it after years of taking care of Eddie." I smiled. "And you." Wayne smirked. "Me too." I smiled. I finished up my pasta, and suddenly Stacy came inside the room. "Y/n, come with me." Stacy said urgently.

"Why is something wrong?" I asked. "No, Eddie just wants you onstage for something." Stacy said. "Me, why?" I asked nervously. "Just c'mon y/n. You'll know soon enough." Stacy said. "Uh, okay." I said. "Bye Wayne!" I said smiling. "See you soon y/n!" Wayne responded smiling.

I followed Stacy from backstage and made my way to the sidelines of the stage. Eddie and the rest of the band were finishing up their latest song. I stood there as anxiety rose up my body, anxiously waiting for Eddie to call me out stage, and tell or show me whatever he wanted. I hated this part of Eddie being a musician. There's pros and cons to everything I guess...

Eddie and the band finished and I stood there looking down at the ground and breathing slowly. My anxiety and nerves only got worse over the years, but Eddie was there for all of it. I'm so grateful to have him. Eddie started to speak on the microphone...

"Okay, so you all know of my girlfriend y/n, who I've been dating for almost four years now!" Eddie said and the crowd roared. "Well, right now she's gonna come onstage, and I'm gonna do something very special. What better place to do it than our home state, sold out show?!" Eddie screamed and the crowd got even louder. Eddie looked over to where I was and motioned me to come out with his hand.

I shook my head no. "Come on." he mouthed to me. "No way." I mouthed back. "Give me a minute guys." Eddie said walking to where I was. He finally got there and pulled my arm. "No!!! Eddie!!!" I squealed. Suddenly when the crowd saw us they started to scream and yell. "It's fine sweetheart I promise." Eddie whispered.

Eddie got to the center of the stage and started to speak. "Everyone, my girlfriend Y/n Wheeler!" Eddie said and the crowd roared for me. "Okay, here's my special announcement." Eddie said.
I stood cluelessly in front of Eddie, suddenly Eddie bent down and kneeled in front of me. My mouth dropped and I knew exactly what he was doing.

The crowd roared when Eddie bent down and I covered my mouth. I smiled so wide and started to feel joyful tears roll down my cheeks. Eddie pulled a box from his pocket and opened it to reveal a pure rock on the ring. "Y/n Wheeler, will you marry me?" Eddie asked into the microphone hopefully, he then proceeded to put the microphone to my mouth and I stood there with my hands still over my smile.

Eddie sat there hopefully and I took my hands away from my mouth to answer his question...

"Well?" the crowd yelled.

"Yes...I will Eddie."