Ben 10 Returns (2)

Start from the beginning

"If you want to help me, finish the job. You have to find out where the level-5 tech is coming from." The agent says, slowly dishevelling. "I will." Ben agrees. "That's just the tip of the iceberg, kid. Your grandpa was on the trail of something big-- an alien conspiracy with Earth in the middle." The agent shares and then groans. "He was working undercover. If you crack this case, maybe you can find Max and save your planet." He adds. "I can't do it without Grandpa. I don't know how." Ben says defeated. "You... you are Ben Tennyson. You can do anything." The alien tells him before shriveling away, leaving his suit behind. "Oh!" Gwen gasps, hiding her face in Kevin's chest. Aria, who is standing behind Ben, wraps her arms around him, resting her head on top of his. "I'm gonna need help." Ben says after a few seconds of being silent. "You know Ari and I are here for you." Gwen replies and Aria nods. "Kevin, there's no money in this, but..." Ben stops when Kevin picks up the plumber's badge. "I'm in." The boy says, determined.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Ben and Kevin sit in the car while Aria leans against the passenger door watching Gwen try something. "Are you sure this is going to work?" Ben asks Gwen who levitates above the ground with her legs folded to the side and the lance spinning in front of her. "No, I've never done this before." Gwen replies. "But in theory, I should be able to trace the vibrations from this laser lace back to the people who used to own it." She closes her eyes to meditate. "I thought you destroyed those things." Ben tells Aria. "I thought so, too." The girl replies, looking at Kevin. "I kept one as a souvenir. Lucky, huh?" Kevin asks, and Aria shakes her head. With Gwen, the lance flashes pink before flying in a direction. "Hey, it's working." She says amazed. "Follow me!" She shouts. Ben opens the door and pulls Aria in so that she is sitting on his lap and closes the door as Kevin follows the red-haired girl. 

"I was gonna fly behind Gwen, you know." Aria tells Ben, blushing. "Oh, sorry." Ben apologizes also, blushing. "I'll follow you anywhere." Kevin mutters. Gwen turns onto a bumpy road and Kevin does the same, so Ben grabs the door with one hand and wraps his arm around Aria's waist. "Except there! Come on, Gwen! Paint job!" Kevin leans out of the car to tell the girl, who couldn't be more bothered.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They get to a mineshaft where a guard stands with a shotgun. Aria, Ben, and Gwen hide behind some barrels. "This is it-- down that mine shaft." Gwen informs. "We have to get past the--" Gwen's cut off by the guard's groans and the trio looks over, seeing Kevin standing over the fallen guard. The trio leave their hiding spot and go over to him. "You hit him too hard!" Gwen reprimands the boy. "Not him... it!" Kevin rips off the man's face to reveal an alien. "It's like the mask the aliens at the train station were wearing." Gwen notes and they get into the lift. "We're getting warmer." Ben says. Kevin presses a button and the lift goes down. "Not much to see down here." He says. "Really now?" Aria asks as a spaceship comes into view. There were tons of aliens walking in and out of the ship and some used hover carts.

They hide behind a wall away from the aliens' view. "Big!" Kevin states. "Yes Kevin, big." Aria agrees. "It's the mother ship. Don't you get it? Grandpa Max has to be in there." Ben claims. "So how do we get in?" Gwen asks. "How's this work again?" Ben asks, pulling the mask out of his pocket. "Photonic displacement. You can set it to make you look like whatever you want." Kevin explains. Gwen stares at Kevin before leaving to get something. Ben puts on the mask and with a flash of light, his appearance changes to match the aliens. "How do I look?" He asks. "About the same... taller." Kevin replies. "Meh." Aria shrugs. Gwen comes back with a hover cart and tells the two to get in. "Why?" Kevin asks. "I don't know, why should we get in?" Aria asks him, walking over to the cart and getting in with Gwen and Kevin doing so soon after and Ben pushes it to the ship, greeting some aliens along the way and the trio glares at him.