A letter for Diego

"About us...?", Diego repeats.

"It's that... I noticed that... It's... Ugh, we have to break up."

"Break up? You are breaking up with me? But why?!"

"You don't love me. I don't love you."

Saying the facts I'm realizing it's true. I know I'm not lying. And I thought it would be more difficult...

"Alright. If you want that", he replies calmed but a bit angry. He's probably not used to girls that break up with him.

Now there's just one thing left. Fran has to be happy again! And I already know how to do that...

"Hey Leon, it's Violetta. I need your help", I call Leon. The plan can begin.

Francesca's P.O.V.

"Yeah, I'm where you told me to be. And to who should I give the letter now?", I ask Leon while going through a big house. It's evening and my brother is sending me somewhere to give someone a letter, okay?! Usually people would be afraid I'd be kidnapped or a drunk does something to me, but no, my brother sends me somewhere in a cold, dark night.

"Diego", Leon answers on the phone.

"And why should he be here?!", I shout. It's pretty obvious that he's not here.

"Work maybe?", my brother responds annoyed.

"He works? Umm, alright, I'll find him", I say and hang up. I still can't answer the question why my brother writes a letter to Diego. He's really weird.

I step into a big kitchen and see Diego standing in front of the sink.

"Hey", I say and take a seat.

"Francesca? But what are you doing here?", he asks surprised but smiling.

"From my brother", I reply and give him the letter.

"Why does he write letters?! And why one to me?!"

"That's a good question", I mumble.

"Diego, have you finished?", a woman shouts from another room.

"Almost!", he shouts back. "Sorry but I have to continue cleaning this mess up."

"I could help you", I suggest and he throws a towel at me, smiling. So we begin cleaning up the kitchen. When we are almost finished Diego suddenly spills water on me.

"What the...?", I begin and look at my now wet dark blue and white spotted dress. He looks at me shocked but laughing so I go to the sink, fill a glass with water and spill it on him. I re-fill it and spill it on him again and do it as often as I can until he tries to hug me. Of course I run away from him, that idiot won't get me! Luckily we're alone and even in the dining gal is nobody.

"Got you!", he shouts proudly as he places his arms around my waist. I try to get free but it won't work. Now I stand there with my crush hugging me from behind. The not so great thing is that I feel my back being wet now. I guess he reached what he wanted.

"Since you got what you wanted, you may let go of me now", I act annoyed. "Plus you have a girlfriend."

"Not anymore and a bad actress", he laughs and turns me around to face him. That means he broke up with Vilu? But... She realized she doesn't love him... Probably. And now she'll be my brother's girlfriend or what? And have I mentioned Diego's arms are still around my waist?

I even feel his breath. We're only inches apart from each other. He's just coming closer. We're gonna kiss? Have I ever mentioned that I haven't had my first kiss?!

"Dieg-", someone comes in. We separate quickly and look up to the woman. "What... Have you finished? And why is the floor wet? You have half an hour."

She leaves as quickly as she came. I look at Diego speechless like he does. Then I get a towel to finish cleaning. Am I wrong or does he actually... No, Fran, he doesn't. He never cared about girls. Why should he care about me?

After finishing I leave as quickly as I can. I go through the back door and go home while looking at the ground, lost in thoughts.

"Francesca! Wait!", I hear an exhausted voice behind me. I turn around and see Diego in front of me. Has he jogged the whole way?!

"What do you want?", I ask, crossing my arms.

"You", he answers simply, comes up to me, placed his arms around my waist and puts his lips on mine. The cold I had been feeling a few moments ago is gone and I'm filled with warmth. I pull away quickly to catch air and kiss him again, again and again. I don't know for how long we're standing in the middle of the street already but I don't want to separate from him, that's all I know. Exhausted I fall into his arms and place my head on his chest. He puts his arms on my back and strokes me. We stay like that for a few minutes but I decide to look up to him. What if he didn't feel the same? I'm just one of the others. I'm so stupid, he has just broken up with Vilu today. He doesn't feel anything for me.

"Francesca, I...", he begins but it seems like he has no words.

"No, it's okay. You can't feel anything for me, I understand. It's alright, really."

I let go of him and turn around to continue walking home.

"No, Francesca! Wait!", he shouts and runs up to me. "That's not like it is."

"How is it then?", I ask.

"I... I never felt anything like this before... And I... I don't know but... We... We could try?", he says quietly.

"So...?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!", I shout happily and run into his arms. He lifts me up and puts his left arm around me.

"Thanks for walking me home", I say and look at the door.

"For you always, my girlfriend", he responds. He seems to like the word. I could get used to it... "Good night."

"Good night", I answer and his soft lips touch mine. "See you."

I watch him walk away and think about everything what happened today. I'm pretty sure that this is the best day of my life.

I enter the house and close the door behind me. I lean against it and can't help it but smile.

"So late?", my brother notices as he comes down the stairs.

"Yeah, it got kinda long. Finding him."

"But not that long..."

"I mean the real him."

Leon looks at me confused but I decide to go up to my room and lie on my bed.

I'm in love with Diego Hernandez and I never regretted, still don't regret and will never regret it.