Unrequited Love

It had been 2 months now since Hannah had been found, Thomas was over the moon at first to have her back. Dan had been supporting Thomas a lot since Hannah was safe. So many thoughts were going round his head had his feelings for Hannah changed? Did he no longer love her? Had he fallen in love with someone else?

As the days went on his feelings towards this other person grew stronger than ever, was he really kidding himself that things could go back to how they were before Hannah was kidnapped.

Dan had come round to see how Thomas and Hannah were doing, he could sense there was some tension in the air they had been fighting again. They had been doing that alot just lately Dan couldn't quite work out why they had been arguing.

The arguments between Thomas and Hannah were getting more and more frequent, they would argue late into the night. One night they were having yet another argument, this time it was worse than ever. Hannah told Thomas to pack his stuff and get out; she knew he didn't love her anymore.

Dan was just getting ready to go to bed when there was a knock at his door, grunting at how late it was for visitors he went to answer the door.

Thomas stepped through the door and his eyes met Dan's. It had felt so long since Thomas had seen Dan's beautiful brown eyes. Dan didn't need to say anything; he knew why Thomas was at his apartment; he knew Thomas and Hannah were over.

As they stood there looking at each other they didn't need words they both knew how they felt about each other. Thomas felt the words wanting to escape his lips as much as he tried; it was a losing battle. 'Dan I'm in love with you'

Thomas felt his cheeks turning red Dan had been silent for what felt like a lifetime but in reality it had been a few seconds. Dan could no longer hold back he crossed the room, pulling him into an embrace in an instant 'Thomas I love you to'

Dan's strong arms were still wrapped around Thomas, looking deep into each other's eyes they could see the love they held for each other. Dan took hold of Thomas's hand he led him towards the bedroom they both got into bed and held each other sharing a kiss as they both drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Dan woke first. He got out of bed carefully so as to not wake Thomas, he went into the kitchen and made a pot of coffee and started making some breakfast. The smell of coffee and pancakes cooking woke Thomas, he claimed out of bed and went to find Dan.

Thomas stood near the kitchen door watching Dan flipping the pancakes, a smile spread across his face mixed with a warm feeling spreading all over his body. Dan had finished stacking the pancakes when he saw Thomas standing near the door.

Dan smiles shyly and walks over to Thomas and kisses him on the lips softly, Thomas embraces Dan in a hug. They both sit down to breakfast and talk about the events of last night.

They both agree to take things slow as being with another man is both very new to them and they don't want to rush anything. They both agree on holding off telling the gang but they both know that Hannah will have told Cleo that they have split up.

They both spent the morning talking about where things were going, Thomas thought it would be best to find his own apartment as living together is way too soon.

It didn't take long for Thomas's phone to start ringing as the news spread through duskwood like wildfire. Hannah had told everyone she knew that Thomas had broken her heart and left her for another man.

It was unavoidable they knew everyone would find out in the end, but they didn't want it to be like this. So they both talked some more and came to an agreement that they would meet up with everyone later including Hannah and tell them what's been going on. 

Dan and Thomas got themselves ready to meet the gang at the black lake since it was a really nice day out. It made a change from always meeting at the aurora, as Dan's apartment was close to the lake it didn't take them long to get there. Jessy and Richy were already there; they were sitting on the grass hiding hands.

They both looked up and saw how nervous Dan and Thomas were, Jessy got up and smiled and gave them both a hug. Jessy looked at them both and she could see how happy they were. She told them both how happy she was for them and it couldn't have been easy to tell Hannah.

Thomas: I don't know how she found out I hadn't told anyone, I guess she must have just worked it out.
Richy: all 3 of you are out friends and we want to be there for all of you
Dan: thanks Richy, that means a lot

As the 4 of them sat and talked when the others arrived, at first Lilly was shooting daggers at Thomas and Dan. When they explained what had been going on Lilly gave them both a hug. MC and Jake were both happy for their friends. MC gave them both a hug. Cleo was happy for her two friends and said she would make them a cake. Hannah just sat and didn't say much she was still hurting but part of her knew that Thomas liked Dan.

6 months had passed since Thomas and Dan were now living together Hannah had moved on and met someone knew. The gang were all meeting up at the aurora to celebrate MCs birthday. While Thomas was busy getting ready Dan was acting a bit nervous Thomas could tell something was wrong.

When Thomas turned round Dan was down on one knee with a wedding band in his hand Thomas stood there in shock not being able to form words. After a few seconds he managed to get out a 'Yes' Dan jumped up and wrapped his arms around Thomas after they let go of each other Dan slipped the ring on Thomas's finger.

Tonight was going to be a double celebration for sure.