PLEASE, COME BACK

Start from the beginning

Leona slightly widened his eyes upon what you had said. He shook his head with hesitation, trying to deny that to both you and himself, although part of himself knew you were not wrong, "No... I WANT TO BE THE KING! I NEED TO! IT IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN BE SEEN-"

Suddenly, Leona paused when he realized that you had already arrived in front of him, at the center of the storm. Different from how it was in the periphery of the tornado, the eye was rather peaceful. The wind was not strong, and you could finally stand rigidly.

"It's not like that, Leona." you told him, "Your destiny does not control you and your future, You control them. You are seen. It's the heir system's fault, why make yourself suffer from that-"

"NO!" he yelled. He knew he was moved by your words but he refuse to admit that. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, AND... I DON'T CARE...! IT IS NOT TRUE!" he shouted. At that moment, Leona's brain became a mess. Part of him knew what you had said was true, but the other part refuse to accept that.

Being at the edge of overwhelm, Leona reached out his hand and grabbed your arm. "Foolish of you to come this close, because now I can turn you-" but he stopped. The moment that his hand that could turn anything into sand touched yours, he paused. He seemed to regret it, but it was too late. Once his hand touched it, your arm would turn into sand without doubts.

You tried to dodge that but fail. You were brave, but when it came you this life-or-death moment, you still could not help but pray to the god that the potion had not worn off. You tightly closed your eyes, getting ready for the pain in case the potion was no longer working.

...

Seconds passed, but nothing happened. You slowly opened your eyes and checked your arm which Leona was holding. There were not any cracks, meaning the protective potion was still working, and Leona's King's Roar could not harm you.

Leona looked at your arm with confusion. He did not understand why his unique spell was not working. He looked up at you with puzzle.

"This is not what you want, Leona. Innocent people, and children getting hurt. You don't want to hurt them." You said with a smile as you reached another hand to Leona's cheek and whispered, "I know you're in there, Leona. Please, wake up."

The golden yellow flame on his left eye nearly disappeared, and the sandstorm was noticeably weakened. You knew it was working. You were about to further calm him down, but all of a sudden, someone shouted and broke the peace.

"Right now, Sebek!" Riddle shouted. the next second, you were pulled backward, away from Leona by Silver. You tried to struggle and it was when you saw Sebek standing not far away from Leona, with his magic pen pointing at him.

"NO SEBEK WAIT!" You gushed, but it was too late. They caught the moment that Leona's concentration was broken with his magic power level decreased and attack the head of the lion with Sebek's magic.

----

Leona had a dream. In the dream, he was alone in a desert. There were only sand, wilt trees, and a skull of a buffalo. He lay on the sand, not being able to move. His body was cracking and turning into sand. He tried to yell and get help, but his throat was too dry, and could not produce any voice.

Please, someone, save me, he thought while watching himself turning into sand and dust, silently waiting for death to come.

"...Leona...!"

Just when he nearly gave up and close his eyes, he heard a familiar voice.

"...Leona! I know you're in there. Wake up!..."

Y/n..., he recognized the voice, it was yours. He wanted to answer you but he could not.

"....Please, come back..."