PLEASE, COME BACK

Start from the beginning

Of course, you knew what Riddle was trying to say, but you would not obey that. You turned towards the eye of the storm and continued walking toward it. Riddle would definitely scold you afterward for ignoring your own safety, you thought. He was going to run towards you, but you soon disappeared in the sand and from his sight.

As you walked inner to the center of the tornado, the wind was stronger and sandier. Your sore and itchy eyes were nearly totally closed due to the sand. All of a sudden, you recognized a familiar figure. Your vision was not clear, but you were sure that it was Leona standing at the eye of the storm. He was releasing his power, so as to maintain the storm. You noticed that the cracks on his limbs had expanded, and even the skin of his neck started cracking. His magic did not stop backlashing him.

"LEONA-" You were cut off by your own cough. The sand entered your mouth and irritated your throat.

"Le- Leona!" coughing you shouted as loudly as you could, and it successfully caught the lion's attention. He looked towards you, but you could only see anger and despisal in his emerald eyes.

"You walked into the storm. How foolish you herbivore are, to choose death!" Leona mocked. It was that double voice again.

You ignored his provoking and kept on walking towards him. "Listen- to- to me-! Look at you- your arm, it's cracking-!" You yelled even though your throat was so dry that it hurt every time you talk.

Leona moved his eyes to his arms after hearing what you said. A sarcastic smirk appeared on his face, "Then let it be! You don't care about that anyways."

You remembered what you had said back in Ramshackle Dorm. "We're not in any special relationship. We're nothing more than schoolmates." You said that on impulse, just to make it sound hurtful after what Leona had said to hurt you.

"It- it's not like that- Leona-" You tried your best to yell, "It is not- not like that I don't care- I do!"

"HA! As if you can fool me again with any of your lies!" he laughed. The next second, he further splashed his power and the wind became even stronger. You tried your best to stand firm even though your legs were shaking.

"YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND HOW I GET THROUGH THESE YEARS! BEING CONTEMPTED EVERYWHERE IN MY HOMELAND! BEING SCARED OF BEING HATED! NEVER WILL I BE KING! NEVER WILL I HAVE A FUTURE! HOW WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!" Leona bellowed. The cracks on his body further expanded when he was growling.

"Leona, I- I understand that..." you said, "That feeling of being abandoned, that the whole world is against you. The feeling that- you can't see the- the future, yet you can't do anything to change that- That hopelessness, that no- no matter how much you give you will never get what you want or be treated equally. I do understand that!"

Although it was just tiny, so tiny that you could merely notice that, the emotions in Leona's eyes did change when he heard your words. "Don't try to act like you understand me!" he yelled.

You shook your head with a small smile, "I know- it- it's impossible for me to totally feel what you feel, but I will try to! You don't have to swallow them all and bear all of them!"

"You are not hated, Leona! Not by me!" You told him, "And you do have a future! Don't trap yourself in the desire of getting the throne-"

Leona looked at you, the anger in his eyes was weakened, and there was hesitation, but he quickly shook his head followed by another bellow, "STOP DISTRACTING ME!!"

"Being the ki- king is not what you- really want, am I right?" You asked, "All you wanted was to be treated equally. All you want is your efforts and talent to be recognized. Becoming the king is just a- a method, isn't it?"