Slim shook her head and stayed quiet, she wasn't going to discuss patient information.. she didn't need to risk losing her job.

"My thing is.. why come to the place your wife work at?"

"You love people business, Kay. I need to prep for a blood draw, I'll see you later." Slim waved as she walked to one of the rooms to set up.

Once she was ready, it was just about time for patients to start coming in.

"Ms.Milo? You can come on back with me."

__________________________

After a stressful shift was finished, Slim hurried on home as she didn't have her weed in the car.

There were two needle stick accidents that she had to help with, and an irate patient that assaulted a nurse. Thankfully nothing happened directly to Slim.

But still she needed to smoke.

As she rode down the highway to quickly get something to eat, her phone rang.

Unknown Number

Hello? Is this Slim?

Who's asking?

Hi, I'm Pilar.. I'm 4 months pregnant. I'm looking for a doula? Are you available?

Congratulations Pilar! I am available.

Okay, I'm not really sure how to go about all this. But my friend recommended you to me..

We can start with just a little meeting so you can see me in person, and then we can get into everything else

Does next week Thursday around 4 sound good?

It does, you can message me your address and I'll be there

Thank you, Slim

————————————————

Cash

"So are you liking the outcome?" Cash's builder asked

He was doing a walk through of his new townhomes.

"Yea.. everything look like it coming together good. You said it's gone be ready for next week?"

"Of course, and they may be ready later this week."