𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. A flip of a galleon

Start from the beginning

It didn't help that Sirius always teased her about it and often sneaks around to bloody scare the living shit out of her—honestly if Viviane had a weak heart, she would probably die of shock because of Sirius's jumpscares.

On another note, a surprise one at that. Lily Evans, the girl on the train with the git, who has no sense of even, well, at least properly grooming his hair or making an effort to be presentable is sitting with Viviane in their first Transfiguration class, she began apologising for her friend's behaviour. Viviane asked why the girl was even apologising for him. Lily said Severus had a difficult childhood and doesn't get along easily with others.

Welcome to the bloody club of having a difficult, bloody childhood. He isn't that special. Viviane has a shitty Father, and she isn't an arrogant arsehole. Severus should really pick another trauma to be his whole personality, for Merlin's sake.

And these kinds of thoughts are the reason why she is really sorted into Slytherin. If someone had read her mind, they'd probably call her a ruthless wench.

Viviane still remembers the conversation that started it all.

"So, is he talking to you?" Viviane nonchalantly asks. She knows that Severus doesn't talk to Lily anymore—she's really just being an unashamed gossiper.

Other than that, because of Lily being sorted into Gryffindor and Severus a Slytherin, and also the fact Severus is being heavily influenced by the other pureblood elitists about befriending muggle-borns and half wizards.

Even if Severus is a half-wizard himself. Severus is a hypocrite, really; that's just that and the truth. Lily frowns, looking down at her parchment as she continues to write down the lesson; she whispers suddenly, "No, not since the sorting. But I understand."

Viviane raises an eyebrow at her, "You understand that your so-called friend has also followed the influences of the pureblood supremacist he now calls friends even though you knew each other even before Hogwarts?"

One thing about Viviane, she may be kind and understanding, but well, when it comes to serious topics, she's painfully blunt and has an incessant need to prove a point.

Lily's frown deepened. Viviane adds, "And that—" Viviane places a hand on top of Lily's hand. "He's ashamed of being friends with you because you're a muggle-born. Because if he's seen with you, his new friends will shun him."

Lily purses her lips as she places her quill on the table. "Well, I understand the whole blood status is important. I'm a muggle-born
and—"

Viviane scoffs, interrupting as she rolls her eyes dramatically, "Don't even dare finish that sentence. You're talking to a Hawthorne. People treat Hawthornes like royalty because we are. We're on top of the Sacred 28, then the Blacks and the Malfoys. Well, I'm also a Black because my Grandmother was a Black before she married my Grandfather, but that's beside the point."

Viviane waves her hands in dismissal with her rambling, continuing, "I'm raised to have the same beliefs as every Pureblood child did. I'm taught to hate everyone who isn't a Pureblood, but I'm having this conversation with you instead of Severus. So do you get my point?"

Lily nods as she blinks rapidly. She got the point which made her curious, "Won't you be, I don't know, questioned if you're seen talking to me?"

"I would be," Viviane honestly answers with a shrug of her shoulders, "But Father said I'm allowed to converse with anybody as long as it concerns my academics. And if anyone dares to shame me. One letter to my Father about it, then they'll wish they hadn't been born."