10

AN. Last part bc I'm lame sorry.

Feels like a good way to end it last chapter but I promised smut so... Smut chapter and Tk telling the rest of the team the truth.

-

I walked in a week later to the station, I've been working like nothings changed but I needed to be honest. I've been going through a lot. I'm still seeing my therapist. But now that Alex is locked up, until the trial at least, I've been a lot calmer, and more confident. It's nice. Some things still trigger me, but with Carlos by my side, it's not as hard.

We finally went on that first date. It was so nice, he made me laugh, and cry and everything I wanted from a real man. We went on a long walk after dinner, stopped to pet all the dogs on the way, And just talked about life. I got to hold his hand, hug him, and kiss him and not feel like at any moment he was going to turn on me.

-

Everyone was chatting over a nice breakfast in the kitchen and I walked in. Holding my breath.

"I need to tell you all what's been happening"

I stand there looking at the ground, I let myself breath and start.

"I was in a very abusive relationship for almost two years before moving here."

They didn't say anything, Marjan who already knew walked over and held my hand as I continued.

"My husband... his name is Alex. He was a dirty cop in New York. He really hurt me. He kept me addicted to pills, to make me float around him and be compliant. It was a borderline fully dominant relationship and what he said, or did, went" my hands shaking like crazy at this point

"I'm so sorry for being so, scared? Volatile? Jumpy? Weird? I don't know what to call it. I'm sorry y'all"

They all hugged me and said I had nothing to apologize for. I didn't even know what to say anymore. Family. This was a true family.

"I love you all!" I said.

My dad came in, holding a leash that was attached to the most beautiful Bernie's mountain dog. I looked up at him.

"DAD WHAT?! Omg"

I dropped down petting the dog and I started crying again, happy tears.

"Her name is Buttercup and she has the same cancer as I'm getting treatment on." He explained.

That made me sad hearing this, but for now I'm just going to love on her. She licked my face off and laid down on my lap.

The rest of the day went by fast, for the first time I really enjoyed the day. Felt like I could actually do my best and not be criticized on it. I loved helping those in need, it truly was a passion of mine.

-
That night Carlos invited me over to his place, to play a board game and watch a movie. We wanted to relish each other's company without any distractions. Carlos with his competitive spirit and sparkling eyes, carefully studied the rulebook, meanwhile I arranged the colorful tokens and shuffled the deck of event cards.

We began the adventure, rolling dice, strategizing moves, and engaging in friendly banter as we progressed through the magical realm. Laughter filled the air as we played through obstacles and fought intense battles. We cheered each other's victories and consoled one another during moments of defeat. Carlos won finally, but I think we could team up against Mateo and Nancy or Paul and Marjan and beat their asses any day.

"We'd make a pretty good team" i say curling up on the couch with him.

"We do" he smirked

He put on a old school movie, Casablanca. I tried to watch some of it but my brain began to wonder off the screen and onto Carlos.