Chapter 20

JJ's Hotel Room, West Loop, Chicago Illinois 

The shift rolled around to an end early the following morning even though Eli didn't sleep. Her mind replayed that call along with the morning she found her older sister in the bathroom after she decided she couldn't handle life anymore. 

As Eli approached the hotel door she realized it was 7:30 and Henru, JJ and Will might be asleep still. She hesitated outside the door before lightly knocking twice, she heard some shuffling before the door opened revealing Will who was already dressed and in front of her. "Morning," he said stepping aside to let her in. "Morning," Eli replied as JJ appeared from the bathroom dressed for the day. 

"What happened to your key?" JJ asked wondering why Eli knocked on the door. "Well, I didn't wanna let myself in, if you were still sleeping. I already almost got, S-H-O-T once this week rather not have it happen again because I startled you," Eli replied causing both Will and JJ to share a look. "We wouldn't- I know, would I be able to shower before we leave for breakfast?" Eli asked JJ who nodded. "Go for it, you don't have to ask," she replied as Eli smile walking over to her duffle bag on the floor. 

She pulled out an outfit to change into after the shower before she entered the bathroom and shut the door. Eli's shower was short lived mostly because she didn't want to take a 45 minute shower even if she wanted to just sit under the warm running water. 

Within 10 minutes Eli hopped out of the shower, drying herself off with one of the clean hotel towels on the shelf nearby. The blonde changed into a pair of black leggings after and a long sleeve crop top sweater in sandy brown. The pattern of the front and sleeves resembled a sweater vest pattern. 

Eli hung her towels up and picked her work clothes off the floor before exiting the bathroom. "Almost ready to go?" JJ asked as Eli threw her work clothes into her duffle bag. "Yea, just need shoes and I'm set," Eli replied as she put her black vans on before following JJ, Will, and Henry out of the hotel room, and down the hall to the elevator. 

Yolk, West Loop, Chicago Illinois 

The group entered the restaurant and got seated rather quickly, the table ordered coffee for the adults and apple juice for Henry to start. Eli stared at the menu, not entirely sure what to order especially since she didn't have much of an appetite. "How many calls did you get last night? You look exhausted," JJ asked noticing her exhausted little sister who instantly started drinking her cup of coffee when it arrived. 

"None, I just couldn't sleep," Eli replied with a sigh, "Dad I gotta go to bathroom," Henry said looking at Will. "Okay buddy, let's go," Will said as she stood up and lead Henry through the restaurant to the bathroom. "So what's been keeping you up at night Eli?" JJ asked her sister who swallowed her coffee hard. "The last call we got on shift was a potential trapped victim on the roof. So my lieutenant and I get to the room and the doors blocked from the rooftop side. Long story short I got onto the roof and found out our trapped victim wasn't trapped at all. He's blocked the door and was sitting on the ledge of this 7-8 story building..." Eli's voice cracked and she cleared her throat. 

Eli sighed, "i tried to talk him off the ledge, and um... he just looked at me said sorry, and pushed himself over the ledge. I reached to grab him, stop him from falling but I lost the grip on the fabric... and... he fell..." Eli paused as the memory of the man's head split open on the concrete. Followed by the memory of Rosyln's lifeless body she found in the bathroom that morning. JJ pulled Eli into a hug without a word. Understanding how her sister felt. 

"Have you had a chance to look into Groups or Sponsors? Plus the CFD should have programs," JJ added. "Yea, the CFD has programs but the last thing I need is the people I work for to question if I'm able to do my job. I found a meeting I started going to and even have a sponsor too," Eli replied with a smile noticing WIll and Henry returning from the washroom. 

"I doubt they'll question your ability to do your job and Eli that's awesome! Have you reached out to your sponsor about how this last shift has been affecting you?" JJ asked as Eli shook her head, "No, we sat down and talked once and I'd have to explain how it reminded me of Ros and then I'd have to explain that and I'd just rather not," Eli replied as Will and Henry sat back down at the table and they all placed their orders. 

"So are you ready for the boxing tournament?" Will asked Eli who nodded. "Yea, I wanna get some last minute training in after breakfast before the fight," she replied. "Yea, Morgan's pretty excited too. He hasn't stopped talking about the match all week," JJ replied with a smile. 

After breakfast JJ, Will and Henry went back to the hotel to let Henry go for a swim while Eli went for a 2 mile run before spending 2 hours training on one of the punching bags at the gym Derek showed her. By the time Eli got back to the hotel to shower and change there was an hour left before the boxing tournament. 

Hotel Lobby, West Loop, Chicago Illinois 

Eli made her way down to the hotel lobby where she was due to meet JJ, Will, Henry, and Derek. As the blonde appeared from the elevator she made her way over to the group instantly noticing the rest of the BAU agents were also waiting with JJ, Will, Henry, and Derek. "I didn't know the whole Scooby gang would be attending the tournament," Eli said holding her duffle bag over one shoulder. 

"And miss an opportunity to watch you kick ass, No way would we miss that," Penelope Garcia replied. "That and I have $500 on this match, and you kid," David Rossi replied looking at Eli. "Only $500?" Aaron Hotchner asked. "Yea, why not $1000?" Emily Prentiss added. "Alright we gotta get a move on if we're gonna get there in time, so let's go people. I'll take that Baby girl," Derek said taking the duffle bag off Eli's shoulder as the group made their way outside and loaded into 3 Federal issued vehicles, and took off towards the boxing Gym the battle of the badges would be held.