Chapter 9: A Night Out

"Round and around and around we go."

The boys were all singing Rihanna's Stay obnoxiously.

I raised an eyebrow as they strained to hit the higher notes. Drake, who was driving, turned up the song.

I rolled my eyes as Parker tossed an arm around my shoulders, rocking me back and forth with him. I began singing with them just as the song ended.

My birthday had begun well. The boys made me breakfast and they sang to me. Tom had made me an inedible cake that was rock solid but that I loved even more. My dad had taken some time out of his busy shedule to treat me to lunch at a Thai buffet restaurant.

But I had been looking most forwards to was tonight. Elisa was staying over at a friends house, there were no practices or games tomorrow and there were no worries. We were going to be kids again and not have to worry about game schedules or breaking a foot. We were going to celebrate.

I tuned back in as the prelude of the next song began. Issac turned it up. "I love this song!"

I recognized it as Pitbull.

Ask for money, and get advice

Ask for advice, get money twice

I'm from the Dirty, but that chico nice

Ya'll call it a moment, I call it life

One day when the light is glowing

I'll be in my castle golden

But until the gates are open

I just wanna feel this moment (ohhh)

Before I knew it the car was rocking from the force of all of us jumping around and singing in the car. Suddenly Drake turned the music down as he pulled into a small valet area.

"We're here," he said, looking back at us.

We hopped out of the car as Drake passed the keys to the valet. He then tossed his arm around my shoulder.

"Happy birthday, big girl," he whispered into my ear. I smiled at him, leaning my head into the crook of his neck.

"Welcome to your first club, Li. I'm sure it'll be the first of many," Parker said with a smile. I shoved him playfully and he just laughed.

Trish was behind me. "Lemme fix your curls, babe," she said messing with my hair.

I sighed as she fidgeted with them. She had insisted in doing my curls and makeup today. Drake had bought me the dress and blazer as a gift and it was gorgeous.

Drake looked at us and saluted. "Hot girls over there. I'll meet up with you guys later. Happy birthday Liyah," he said hurriedly as he kissed my cheek.

I laughed. This was the Drake that I knew was going to come out sooner or later. The 'bad boy' Drake that the boys had told me about.

Eli was behind me as he passed me a beer. I toasted it against his.

"Happy 21st birthday, Liyah! Now you can drink legally even though whether or not it was legal never seemed to matter to you," he sang.

I laughed, taking a big gulp.

Mr. Saxobeat began blasting from the speakers.

I grabbed Parker and dragged him out onto the dance floor. He didn't resist.

"You are such a good dad to Elisa. You deserve some time for yourself," I said over the blare of the music.

He smiled, taking a swig of his whisky. "Thank's Liyah. It really means a lot to me."