I'm back? (A/n & Dipper x reader)

Dipper collapsed onto his bed.  He had been feeling especially drained lately.  In all honestly it was probably due to the overwhelming stress of his semester finals.  He'd just finished his last test today and was waiting anxiously for the results of all his exams.

However... he also couldn't ignore the fact that he was also dreading the upcoming weeks of summer.  He was headed back to Gravity Falls, and as much as he loved it there and the people in it, he was... afraid.

Afraid that he was too different now, afraid everybody had forgotten him, afraid that they would think less of him.  He really didn't know where these fears were coming from, but he had a sneaking suspicion that it was because he had social anxiety.

He hated big suffocating rooms with voices coming from every direction chattering on and on.  It was a nightmare to him and his mind. 

It hadn't always been like this though, it had all started after his first summer at the Falls.  When he had come back, he was a changed kid... for better and worse.

It wasn't so noticeable at first, but his parents began to notice the shift in personalities their children were displaying, and not the good kind either.  They were tense, paranoid, but most of all... quiet.  Scarily so in fact.

And all of it was because of that stupid triangle, they were terrified of triangles at first.  Always thinking the simple shape was going to kill them.

Fortunately, over the years these fears had simmered out, only occasionally resurfacing.  The twins had become better after they had gone to therapy for a few years.  It really helped being able to not only talk to each other but also the therapist.

Dipper and Mabel were able to finally return to being more like their old selves.  They would never be the same, but it was better than nothing. 

But... heros don't really get a happy ending.  They had been split up when they were ready for college, Dipper had been excepted into a prestigious science school, while Mabel had gone to a well known art school.  Happy as they were, it was sad to be separated.  The two colleges were on different sides of the country making it hard to meet .

But for the first time it three years, they would both be going back to the Falls for a summer reunion.

As excited Dipper was to finally be able to see his sister and all his friends and great uncles, school had taken a certain piece out of him.  It was true he wasn't ever the same after what happened in Gravity Falls, but now, he was even more distant from his original self.

It was like the separation from his sister had reopened all the wounds he had messily sewn up.  All the work he had put into bettering himself after the Falls had unraveled leaving a loosely stitched doll that he called himself.

But, he wasn't going to dwell on that at this moment, he was leaving tomorrow and as much as it was eating him up on the inside, he needed sleep.

Closing his eyes, he drifted off into a restless slumber.

●●●

Sitting in the uncomfortable bus seat, Dipper sighed.  This was going to take a long time.

Unfortunately the closer he got to Gravity Falls, the more uneasy he became.

What would they think of him?

His thoughts still rambled on mercilessly not giving him a moment of rest.  So in an effort to distract himself, he plugged his headphones in and started playing some music.