𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Start from the beginning

"You know what. Sit the hell down on the couch, both of you, beside each other—"

"Charlie, this is—"

"I don't care if it's not my business, you're both going to shout and hurt each other if I leave and you both know which road that will lead you down." Charlie says.

"I don't want to speak to her, she's a—"

"Diana! Would you stop, take a breath and think about what you're saying and who you're saying it about." Charlie raises his voice at me.

Natalie walks over to the couch sitting down, crossing one leg over the other as usual.

"I'm not important to her, she made that clear—"

"You are the most important thing to me in this damn world and you fucking know that, Diana. Do not lie and say you don't." Natalie raises her voice and I glance to her before to Charlie who leans closer to me.

"Sit down, Diana. You might lose her otherwise if you keep saying hurtful stuff." Charlie whispers looking at me.

I huff walking over to the couch, I get a whiff of her perfume as I sit beside her. I move away from her, moving down the couch and she glances to me with a scoff.

"Okay, there's two rules. No calling each other names and no interrupting. Think before you speak." Charlie says, I sit back crossing my arms with another huff.

"Okay...now, Natalie...why didn't you tell Diana about all this stuff, your dad dying, you being fired and the photos?" Charlie asks.

"She's stressed—"

"I'm stressed? S—"

"Do not interrupt me." Natalie looks back at me giving me her warning look. I roll my eyes and Natalie scoffs again.

"Keep doing that, Diana, I swear." She says, glaring at me.. We both know what she means by it. I shift away from her more. Charlie groans.

"Go then." I tell her, my heavy, angry breathing begins to calm down as my heart stops pounding.

"You are stressed with college, I am stressed with other shit. You were hours away, Diana, it's not something I could tell you over the phone. I was going to tell you tomorrow, I didn't want to ruin your first day back especially when you basically cried when you saw me." She says and I roll my eyes looking to the Tv. Charlie picks up the remote turning it off causing the screen to go black and reflect the room instead.

"Okay, good enough reason.... Diana..your turn to speak, remember—"

"I have a right to know if those photos of me got leaked, they are private photos of me, me, Natalie, not you. You told Camila you weren't telling me about your dad because I would be clingy, that hurt me. I'm always clingy to you and I thought that was just our thing—"

"I—"

"Wait your turn, my gosh...You both have no manners." Charlie says with an exaggerated sigh and I see the muscle in Natalies jaw tighten..she doesn't like being told what to do so clearly this is a struggle for her....so is telling the truth it seems.

"You said I was going to keep asking if you were okay, Natalie...If something like that happens, I'm going to need to check in on you. I know that you hate that, but I want to make sure you are okay like you would do to me." I tell her and she looks back at me.

"It's not that I don't like you being clingy, I am going to feel as if you're waiting for me to breakdown. I should have told you about the photos but I wanted to tell you in person and you were so happy when you saw me, I didn't want to ruin that." She says and I search her eyes.