chapter two.

AUGUST 7th

TO-DO LIST

- T̶a̶k̶e̶ m̶y̶ p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ o̶f̶f̶ t̶h̶e̶ c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ &̶ p̶u̶t̶ i̶t̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶

-  P̶u̶t̶ j̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶

- B̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ t̶e̶e̶t̶h̶ &̶ f̶i̶x̶ h̶a̶i̶r̶

- C̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ o̶u̶t̶f̶i̶t̶

- M̶a̶k̶e̶ s̶u̶r̶e̶ a̶l̶l̶ h̶o̶m̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ &̶ f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ a̶r̶e̶ i̶n̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶

- F̶e̶e̶d̶ L̶a̶y̶l̶a̶

- T̶i̶e̶ s̶h̶o̶e̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶

- L̶o̶c̶k̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ d̶o̶o̶r̶ a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶

- H̶e̶a̶d̶ t̶o̶ s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶

There was something different about Sunghoon, and it wasn't that he colored his hair back to black. He arrived similarly to how the sun greets the day with nothing but light. It was as if newcome happiness washed over him overnight. In contrast to his usual composure, Sunghoon brought an optimistic attitude toward the day.

"Sunghoon-ah, are you alright?" Heeseung questioned, popping the last of his sandwich into his mouth. Jay chuckled quietly as he wrapped an arm around Heeseung's shoulder. Heeseung and Jay were often Sunghoon's both left and right hands. Ever since the beginning of Jay and Sunghoon's Year 9, they brought a certain ease to his life amidst the debacle of his figure skating career. In Sunghoon's eyes, they were the older brothers that he never got to have.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Sunghoon asked back, his eyebrows furrowing as the smile across his face retired. The three walked down a flight of stairs before walking through the entrance of their school. It was 7:30, and their campus was already crammed with students gathered into their little groups. Some groups just chilled and sat in silence while others convened, talking loudly.

"I mean, it's just... It's very weird that you have a good mood this early in the morning," Jay finished before locking eyes with Sunghoon, who only lifted an eyebrow at him.

"So what? I can't have a good attitude?" Sunghoon provoked while giving a little slap on the older's shoulder. Heeseung burst into laughter as Jay raised a hand to brace for more hits from Sunghoon.

"Well, then why are you so optimistic this morning?" Heeseung questioned with a small smile. The immediate response Sunghoon thought of was clouded by a particular male sitting on a bench alongside his first class of the day.

    Jake. Today, he wore a gray hoodie that fit him perfectly. Despite the beautiful arrangement of flowers full of roses, tulips, and carnations on the table beside him, Sunghoon's full attention went instantaneously toward Jake. He noticed as Jake chewed on the inside of his cheek before looking from the flower arrangement back to the sketchbook he held in his lap. There was a great distance between them still, but Sunghoon could see gorgeous hues of reds and pinks as they were swiped along the sketchbook.

"Sunghoon?" Jay waved a hand in front of his face as they stopped at the side of the hallway beside the restrooms. "Earth to Sunghoon? I think we've lost him hyung," Joked Jay, ultimately making Heeseung laugh again.

"Hello?! Sunghoon?!" Heeseung began to shake the younger's shoulder, jolting him out of the trace that overcame him. Sunghoon seemed a bit jarred as he shook his head to regain his focus. There was a clear confused look on the other two's faces and he only could wonder how long he was staring.