chapter one.

AUGUST 6th

TO-DO LIST

- T̶a̶k̶e̶ m̶y̶ p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ o̶f̶f̶ t̶h̶e̶ c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ &̶ p̶u̶t̶ i̶t̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶ 

-  P̶u̶t̶ j̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶ 

- B̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ t̶e̶e̶t̶h̶ &̶ f̶i̶x̶ h̶a̶i̶r̶ 

- C̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ i̶n̶t̶o̶ o̶u̶t̶f̶i̶t̶ 

- M̶a̶k̶e̶ s̶u̶r̶e̶ a̶l̶l̶ h̶o̶m̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ &̶ f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ a̶r̶e̶ i̶n̶ m̶y̶ b̶a̶g̶

- Feed Layla

- T̶i̶e̶ s̶h̶o̶e̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶

 - L̶o̶c̶k̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ d̶o̶o̶r̶ a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ 

 - H̶e̶a̶d̶ t̶o̶ s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶

– ♡ –

        Classroom 104. Sunghoon gripped the strap of his backpack before setting foot on the threshold of what he deemed his new beginning. The room was sparse, nothing but numerous artworks hung amongst the walls. Paintings of beautiful scenery and breathtaking photographs that showed things from sunsets to infrastructure of familiar buildings, all seemed so cozy. 

        There was a tide of emotion that dwelled over Sunghoon as he approached the wall that had a drawing of his favorite flower, lilacs. Different shades of purples and even some blues danced across the canvas, creating what Sunghoon believed was the most stunning piece within the room. He was glad he found it. It was such a beautiful artwork that was restrained by the confinements of the room.

        "Is it any good?" A voice spoke up from behind him. Rattling him a bit, the tall male stepped back to look over his shoulder at the male who stood at his rear. He must've had a startled look on his face as the other continued. "The drawing... is it good?"

        If Sunghoon were to explain the person standing in front of him, he'd say that it seemed to be a male about his age who carried all of the sunlight within his smile. It was as if he had sat along a bench in a garden and absorbed the beauty of the nature blooming around him. There was a certain aura surrounding him that brought a smile to Sunghoon's face. "It is absolutely delightful," Sunghoon began.

        "Really?? I worked hard on it for the past week," The latter started, "It makes me happy to know someone likes it," His shoulders seemed to relax and the tension between his eyebrows ceased. There was a slight thud as the male dropped his messenger bag on the floor with the contents about to spill out at its full capacity. "Are you here for the Art Club meeting?"

        "Yeah, I decided to come early since I had nothing else to do," Sunghoon stated as he placed his bag beside the chair on the left of the others. He held a sketchbook in the crook of his arm which he placed on the easel in front of his seat. There was little green and blue paint splotches around the easel that brought a sense of comfort to Sunghoon, it brought life to the wood easel.

        "It's nice to see a new face around here, I'm Jake," The male said as he gave a slight bow towards Sunghoon. He wasn't the type of person to feel comfortable around new people immediately but there was something in Jake's smile that made Sunghoon feel nothing but ease. 

        "I'm Sunghoon, it's nice to meet you, Jake," Sunghoon did a horrible job concealing the huge smile that threatened to overcome his usual calm state. Silence overcame the two as another pair walked into the room with nothing but snacks and a sketchbook with them. One was a female about the height of the easel beside her with her hair tucked behind her ears, munching on the chips she held in her hand. The other was a male about a head taller, sitting at the opposite end of the room from Jake and Sunghoon.