6th

It's the last class of the day. Math
The class Jess is in.

Yeah, I'm definitely skipping it.

I walked past the class and headed toward the cafeteria.

When I reached the door I looked both ways before booking it.

Well...
Not exactly,
I felt someone grab me and pull me backward.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing?"

Steve. "What do you mean? I'm obviously skipping! I can't face her!"

He sighed, "You're so dumb. If you don't like Jess, you have to talk to her about it. Communication is key. I learned that the hard way... " He said to me in a low voice. After the last part, he looked away and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Huh, never knew you had it in you to give good advice." That was a lie. I knew he was a good person to ask for help.

He chuckled and smiled, "Alright Mr. Hot stuff, keep acting like you weren't begging me for my advice."

Gosh, his smile was so pretty. The way his perfectly styled brown hair shined in the light, and his brown eyes sparkled beautifully. It just... Didn't feel the same as always? I don't know.

"... Hey. Hey!!" He snapped in my face, I blinked and looked at him in the eyes.

"You okay? You went all googly eyes on me."

"Yeah! I- I'm okay, don't worry."

"Alright, now let's get to class." He grabbed me by the back of my shirt and dragged me to class.

I groaned, dreading the thought of talking to Jessica. Just as we walked in, the bell rang and the teacher walked in.

Jessica quickly waved to me and smiled. Today, she was in an all-pink outfit. But, not in her regular preppy style. This time a little bit.. showy.

She wore a cropped pink long-sleeved shirt that was connected to a white dress shirt. It showed a slight amount of cleavage.

She also was wearing a short pink pleated skirt with a belt bedazzled with many jewels.

(This, but pink!!)

(This, but pink!!)

Every guy, and some jealous girls, was glancing at Jessica often. Too often especially if they know that we're dating. Well not actually dating, she just misunderstood. I walked over to her and sat beside her.

The way the tables were set where one table had another right in front of it, connected. Basically, just split a square in half and that's how it is.

The table we sat at was in the back and Steve was sitting at a table nearby.

When I looked at Steve he made a face at me. He was saying something like "TALK TO HER!!"

I sighed softly and shuffled my chair towards her. I shouldn't have done that because it was really loud and the whole class looked at me.

Pov: 3rd person wowowowo

Y/N turned to Jessica ignoring the stares of some people in the class.

"Hey, Jess?"

"Yes, baby?"

'Oh gosh, she's already using nicknames' Y/N thought to himself. He cringed internally after hearing that.

"I was wondering if we could um... If we could maybe talk after school?" He said in a low voice.

She smiled bigger and said "Sure!" After that, they sat in silence until the teacher finally started class.

-after school

Y/N and Jess met up in his car after Steve gave him a pep talk. Well, it wasn't much, just a "you got this" and pushed Y/N to talk to Jessica.

After Jess closed her side of the door, she turned towards Y/N with a smile on her face. "... Are we going on that date you promised me?"

He sighed softly, "Listen, Jess, I um... "

"You, what?" Her smile dropped slightly.

"It's just... I think you took it the wrong way."

At this point, she was confused and a little bit angry. "What exactly did I take the wrong way?"

Oh gosh, now Y/N was frightened at her tone of voice.

He shifted in his seat, the slight tension and uncomfortable feeling lingering in the air.

"Well... Y-you see, I said I would possibly take you on another date. I um... I didn't mean that we should start dating."

It went silent for a bit.

Jess scoffed and looked forward, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

"Well, then what the hell did you mean by it?"

Y/N took a deep breath. "Jessica, I only said that because I don't know how to say no... And I'm quite literally scared of you," he mumbled the last part.

"Fuck you, Y/N. I hope you live a shitty life."

She got out of the car and slammed the door shut. The slamming sound slightly scared Y/N.

Ouch. She didn't have to say that. I mean we've barely been 'together' for her to be like that...

He tried to let it not get to him but it still slightly hurt his spirit.

Y/N started his car and drove to the playground near Eddie's house.

After reaching there he walked on the mulch ground and went towards the slide.

Y'know the little place where you can hide under the slides or wtva? Yeah, that's where Y/N went and sat.

He sighed and rested his head on one of the plastic walls.

He heard someone walk around where he was until they stopped.

He looked in the wrong direction thinking that was where the sound came from. When someone tapped his shoulder he screamed "AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK!"

"Dude shut up!"

It was some redhead girl. 'Is that the girl who was with Billy on the first day of school?' Y/N wondered.

She sat down in front of him and got comfortable in her spot.

Y/N was observing her with a keen look on his face.

"What?" She said with an attitude.

"Are you Billy's sister or something?"

"Step-sister, yes, blood sister, no. Are you one of his dumb jock friends?"

"Not so much his friend, I just talk to him from time to time. And no, I'm not a dumb jock. I'm Y/N."

"I'm Max."

Summary: broke up w Jessica, went to the park and omg u met MADMAX.

follow me for updates on this story!! Make sure to vote 🫶🏾🫶🏾

Word count: 1054