Flashback

"Knock it off knux" shadow chuckled as I refused to tease him by pretending I was going to tickle him. It was good start of the day and tonight was our anniversary of being engaged. We are getting married in five months and I was excited. Sure we are only nineteen years old and I'm still in school for my law and forensics majors but I'm graduating next month. I gotten a job offer and decided to take it. If my parents didn't cut me off and kicked me out of the house at age fifth teen they would've been proud. Yet I got on my own feet dropped out of high school and got my GED at age sixteen and applied for colleges. With my high GED scores I managed to get a scholarship to the best law and forensics schools here. People were shocked when a sixteen year old was in college. I'll be the first person to graduate at a very young age. I stayed with shadow and his family who loved me to death and was very happy when we got engaged last year. Eventually I got my own place and moved out. Shadow asked if he could move in with me during the month of our anniversary which I said yes because again we're getting married in five months. So Shadow was in the process of moving in and was heading back to his parents apartment while I head out for my final exams. It was later on at night and I was super excited I passed all my finals and received my cap and gown for graduation. We celebrated our anniversary and my passed finals with his family. I had no idea he caught the eye of a killer. It was a week after my college graduation and I just left my training session. It was a cold night so I was enjoying the walk. Shadow wanted to meet at our favorite cafe so I got my phone out to call him. My heart sank when I heard his phone and saw the light in the dark alley. I ran and saw something dark and fast run away. I couldn't make it out but my body froze when I saw shadow laying there on the ground. His mouth was bloody and I saw his tongue near him, he had something on his forehead but I couldn't tell, his arm was chopped off and his leg was bleeding and half way cut through. I didn't know I was already on the phone with 9-1-1 crying hysterically. My tears fell on his face as I picked him up. The sirens filled the quiet night sky the semi darkness lit up with blue, white and red lights. Shadows eyes were closed and I was pulled away from his body by police. I lost him.... I lost my love.
When the police told his parents of course they were heartbroken and his mother hugged me but I was just stone. I was lost in my own mind and heart was just empty. After the funeral I stayed at his grave for the longest time. Even when the rain hit I just sat there. I promised him I will find his killer and make them pay. The day shadow and I were supposed to get married we were informed his killer was a serial killer but unfortunately fell under the radar. I went to his grave and made my promise once more but to catch any serial killer.

Five years later

I'm finally going to full fill it....but now..... looking back I realized something about his murder and the others.....

I'm not only looking for the serial killer of fable city I'm looking for shadows killer.