Chapter Eight.

Charlotte's Pov.

The moment she said those words, I felt like this was the end for us.
I got her and she got me.
I thought this will remain forever but I was wrong.
I suddenly felt a sharp pain around my head like it was about to explode.
I held my head tightly, and Engfa seemed very concerned for me.
"What's wrong ?" She asked me.
"I'm in pain," I said.
That was all I said, and her face went pale.
"I'm so sorry," she kept repeating it.
I suddenly felt dizzy and told Engfa that I was about to faint.
To my suprise,she held me closer and dialed a number in her phone.
"Hello, Mrs Austin -," she said to the person on the other side of the phone.
"Why does she have the number of my mom in her phone," I wondered but before I could say anything, everything went black.

    ***

Engfa's Pov

The moment she said her head was spinning, I knew what was happening.
I called her mom instantly to tell her what happened. Then I called 911 and then took her to the hospital.
The entire time, I was stressed.
If anything happens to her,  I will never be able to forgive myself.
While she was inside the emergency room and I was in the waiting zone, I remembered everything.

Flashback*

Me and her were walking hand in hand, at the evening just like any day. We were having our own thing. We were playing, hugging and holding hands like any other day.
Suddenly out of nowhere a car came right infront if us. It was on my side so, I closed my eyes thinking it will hit me but Charlotte had blocked me and got hit instead. That hurted me even more to see her injured than me being injured.
The car ran away and we were left there.
I was also injured badly, but she was hit directly by a car so, she was in a very bad condition than me.
I crawled to her, with every strength I had and picked her up. I was very messy. Blood was dripping from both of us. We were in the middle of nowhere with nobody around us. I was walking by carrying her when luckily an ambulance was passing by and it saw us and took us to the hospital. I was looking at her the entire time. I was having many bad thoughts. I was speechless but my mind was full of many things.
"What if this is our last time?" I questioned myself and that made me very panicked. My heartbeat was increasing very fast. I was panicking, I was crying, I was screaming and they had to give me sleeping injection to calm me down.
I woke up in a strange room. As I looked around, I saw that I was attached to a machine and my parents were right infront of me. They both hugged me the moment they saw me. I hugged them too. But suddenly I remembered her.
"Where's Charlotte?" I asked them.
"In the emergency room. She was badly hurt," they told me. I cried again. I cried thinking she would be taken away from me. I suddenly, got up and threw all the straws that were attached to me and then ran to find her.
My parents were after me.
I walked a little and saw her parents outside a room. I knew she was in there.
I ran upto the door and peeked inside.
There she was. Sleeping peacefully.
The police also came and they told us that they had caught the man.
Soon the doctor came out of her room.
"How is she ?" I asked him.
"Well, she is out of danger," he said and paused.
"But, she may not remember anything that has happened to her in this one year," he told us.
I fell aback. It meant that she would forget me. She would forget about us.
I cried. I asked for her parent's permission to stay with her till she is awake and they agreed for that.
I used to stay with her, talk to her and say her that it is okay even if she forgets me as I would still be there for her.
She slowly opened her eyes and I panicked.
I called the nurse and ran out of the room. I still looked at her from the door.
She doesn't seem to remember me.
She was not asking for me and I decided to leave.
I cried the entire time. As I went home and saw the diary, I used to write about her, I broke in tears.
I had loosed all my hopes. I thought that my life was over. I took the diary and went to the library in the school. I didn't wanted anyone as well as myself to find it so, I placed it in a shelf that no one goes and came back home.
It was all over for me.
Few days later, I got a call from her mom and she asked me to come to the hospital.
I ran to the hospital hoping she remembered me. Her mom was standing at the door, waiting for me. She took me to the doctor's room.
I was confused. He told us that there is a 50 - 50 chances of regaining her memories.
And only I could help her bring her memories back as we were very close the whole year.
"What if I fail ?" I asked him.
"If you fail then maybe it can trigger her mind even more and she would feel intense pain on her mind in some occasions," he told us.
"This is a very critical issue. If she forgets me and can live a healthy life then I'll not let her suffer," I said to him.
I looked at her mom, " Mrs. Austin, I have loved your daughter with my whole heart. I can't take risks. She is not something to take risks about. She deserves to be heathy and happy and I am not risking that to make her remember me. She is more important to me than all of what we had," I said to her.
She hugged me and cried.
"She is lucky to have you," she said and I went out of the room. I went to see her on the room and there she was sleeping peacefully. I quietly went inside and placed a kiss on her forehead then I went away.

***

End of the FLASHBACK*

Engfa's Pov.

I blamed myself for her condition. I could have prevented it from happening if I had just stayed away from her.
I thought that, maybe we should start making new memories. Maybe we could have make new life for us. But I was wrong.
Her mom came to me and hugged me.
"I'm sorry. I should've just stayed away from her," I said to her breaking down.
"No, she has been happier with you than with all of us. You are my daughter's happiness and thank you.
If she forgets everything again.......please come back to her life," she told me.

"No, if she ever forgets again I'll never even come infront of her. I'll not let her suffer," I said and stood up to look at Charlotte from the door.
"Good bye, Mrs Austin. Take care," I said and walked away from there.

***