Chapter 2

*Jake POV*

I stand at the door waiting after closing it in my face. Haven't she read the chat I had with Lilly? She should have known I was coming.

I hear her talking to Jessica on the phone, so I wait, thinking I must have scared her too much.
    "Perhaps I should send her a message expressly," I murmured. But of course, I hadn't thought about it because part of me really wanted to see her and wanted to give her a surprise. Idiot of me.
     I hear her make the excuse that it was the food that she ordered. She continues to protect me despite talking to someone who knows of my existence.
I must admit... In person she is much more beautiful than on screen.
    "That's not why you came here" I murmur again and remind myself that I'm not on vacation, but to keep an eye on the house at least until I see that everything is ready from what I have prepared.

The door slowly opens and I see MC peeking her head out a little.
    <<Stop doing that, please. You make my heart race looking too adorable...>>
She opens it wide and looks at me for a short time. Why does she seem nervous? I'm the one who's nervous!
    "Hello," She greet with a small voice, trying to stay calm.
    "Hi..." I adjust my backpack with a trembling hand. I never thought we would actually see each other and yet here I am.
    <<She'll think I'm weird, sure. >>
    "What was that scream?" I turned to hear from the house next door someone about to leave.
     MC grabs my hand leading me into the house and I stumble unexpectedly.I hugged her avoiding falling. Her body is warm... How long has it been since I hugged someone? I can't remember how old I must have been.
When I look at her face, I notice that she is looking at me with her eyes wide open and pressing her lips together into a thin line. I notice her. Shaking?
    "I'm sorry!" I break away as I feel my face burn with embarrassment. <<Adult... You are an adult, nothing happens. You just have to behave yourself. >>
    "It was my fault, sorry." She seems calmer this time.
     Ah... what am I doing here? It has been a mistake.
    "I guess you must be wondering what I'm doing here." Calmer now, I get into professional mode with her.
    "Yes, the truth is that you surprised me that you're here."
    "So you didn't see the chat I had with Lilly?"
    "No, I wanted to give you privacy."
    "I see" I nod. Well, at least she's polite "Ow!" Unexpectedly again, she smacks me on my arm. She hits pretty hard "Why are you hitting me now?"
    "Because you scared me!" Her eyes shine, as if she wanted to cry, "I thought..."
     She lowers her head, avoiding looking at me.
    << She thought he was 'The Man without a Face'. >> I think as I hear her muttering more curses at me, scared.

I raise my hand a little, wanting to hug her, but I stop. Maybe I'll make her uncomfortable again, it's the first time we've seen each other face to face. In person she has never seen me as I really am.
I squeeze my hand tightly looking around it. There is very little light, which indicates that you don't need that much for one person despite living in a large house. She has a shoe rack with some shoes placed depending on what she will do: heels, sneakers, some wellies in case it rains. She is cautious.
It has a coat rack with two types of jacket: One that protects from the cold and another one that is thinner. Either that, or it's from someone else, but everything indicates the same size.
    <<I should stop analyzing her. >>
I notice the frying pan on the cabinet and pick it up, then looking at her. Maybe I should find a way to make her stop being sad.
    "So I'm your food delivery." I turn the pan around a few times, letting out a laugh. "Is that why you were going to knock me out before?"
     She looks at me and blushes. She frowns angrily trying to grab the object, but I raise my hand higher preventing her from doing so.
    "Wow, I didn't know you had a sense of humor. Are you sure you're the real Jake?" She crosses her arms looking me up and down.
    << Good MC. It's okay not to trust someone as easily as I told you. >>
    "Ask me."
    "What's Dr. Ulric's password and whose doctor was he?" She lifts her chin like a teacher.
    "Laula and Hannah's doctor, who is also my sister. A terrible and horrible doctor," I add, remembering that Ulric didn't believe when Hannah told him she was being chased.
     She bites her lip finally giving in knowing that I'm the real Jake.
    "Okay, that's you." She steps aside and motions for me to come through the doorway. "Welcome home."
    "Tha- OW!" What about that punch?" I rub my arm again, looking at her confused.
    "For mistrusting my friends." Exactly, she has not forgotten me.
     I smile, then burst out laughing. I deserved it, I admit.
    << Why does my chest hurt? I feel like my heart is going to jump out. >>