☆ eight ☆

november 26th, 2018

The F1 season was over, with Lewis winning the final race at Abu Dhabi and winning his fifth world championship. The young Verstappen was in her hotel in Abu Dhabi, getting ready to meet the drivers for one final meal before they separated for the break before the 2019 season. 

Her hair was down and curly with a skin-tight blue dress with red and yellow flowers on them with white heels, making her a few inches taller with simple, yet effective makeup on. Just as she was getting her shoes on, her phone rang.

"Hey Max," she said, putting it on speaker as she grabbed her heels. 

"Where are you?" Max asked, "we're all in the lobby."

"Okay I'm coming," she said, "I'm just getting my shoes on then I'm leaving."

"Alright see you soon," Max said. 

"Bye," Piper said before hanging up. She sprayed her vanilla perfume before grabbing her phone and making her way out of the hotel room. She was only on the first floor so she walked down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. 

"Finally!" Max called, seeing his sister walk down the stairs.

"Fuck off," she laughed. Charles turned around and felt his breath get caught in his throat when he saw the blonde. Piper walked over to the boys and stood next to Charles. 

"We ready to go?" Lewis asked as everyone agreed. 

"You clean up well," Piper said to Charles as they walked outside together. 

"Merci ma chérie," he said casually, bringing butterflies to Piper's stomach. "You look beautiful," he added as she smiled. 

"Thank you," she said as she walked towards her car. "You joining me?"

"Sure," he said smiling. As he got into her car, neither of them noticed the looks the other drivers gave them. Piper smiled as she took her heels off, put them into the back of her car and climbed into the drivers seat. 

Piper started her car, reversed out the car park and drove off.

"I've got something to tell you," Charles said as Piper glanced at him.

"What's up?" she asked, coming to a red light. 

"I'm not gong to be driving for Sauber next season," he said as Piper's face fell.

"What, why not?"

"Because I'll be with Ferrari."

"No way!" Piper said, a wide grin on her face. "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious," he said as the blonde squealed happily.

"Charlie, that's amazing!"

"It is," he said, but he didn't sound as excited as Piper thought he would. 

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Before my dad died," he said, "I told him that I signed for Ferrari when I hadn't. My mom didn't know why I lied to him, but now it's not a lie, and I wish he were here to actually see it."

"Charles," Piper said, glancing at him as they carried on driving, "your dad would be insanely proud of you. No matter what team you're signed to." Charles sent Piper a sweet smile as the blonde carried on driving. 

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆