M A Z E

POV: Mattheo

The relief of finding Skyla was short lived.

Once i took the time to properly look at her and see the state she was in, i could tell these next 24 hours were going to be crucial for her.

I ran up to her, her body limp, chains hanging from the ceiling had her hands restrained above her head, Blood dripping down her arm where the dark mark used to be.

Her ankles were also chained in place on the floor. Her body was in a spread eagle position, making us all see the damage done to her body so clearly.

"What the fuck" i heard Nott say.

She was practically hanging there in her  underwear and sports bra, covered in the most brutal bruises i've ever witnessed in my life. Her throat was covered in rope bruises and burns that are only cause from strangling.

Cuts littered her body, and the word 'fraud' was carved into her stomach. I circled around her, whip lashes had cut into her back, tearing off flesh in the process.

I had to look away, i didn't want to let my mind wander into all the possibilities of what might've happened down here for  these months.

"Malfoy, guard the door. Nott, help me with these chains."

Nott and i removed the chains from her, her body collapsing to the ground, still not waking up.

I take off my hoodie and pull it over her head before lifting her off the ground.

The three of us apparated back to the top of the stairs.

Shit

That was a bad idea

It didn't occur to me that Skyla is too weak to apparate.

That little travel from the basement to here had cause her to lose more colour from her face than she already had, and i could see fresh new bruises starting to appear on he skin.

"Guys, we can't apparate, Skylas too weak. We need to navigate out this maze on foot."

The boys nodded their heads and Malfoy led the way out of the maze, the same way we came.

Except this time felt different, it felt as though we were being watched.

I looked around, trying to find anyone in the maze with us, but there was no one around.

We had almost exited the maze when i felt a sharp pain enter my head.

Someone was trying to get into my head.

I wouldn't let them, i was fighting to keep this thing out of my memories.

It wasn't easy, whoever it was was a powerful occlumense.

We finally made it out, Malfoy closing the door to the maze behind us.

"We need to find a motel or something to stay on until she's strong enough to apparate back home." Nott said.

"Yeah, i think i saw a small motel when we landed." Malfoy suggested.

"Okay let's go."

It took us a while to get there, it seems that Malfoy isn't so good at directions when he's tired.

But we finally get to a run down looking motel 15 minutes later.

Nott and i wait at the back while Malfoy goes to try and get us a room.

He come back holding one room key.

"Only one key malfoy? Surely you can do better than that?" Nott joked.

"It's the only room they have left available, so you can either take it or go sleep on the street for all i care."

"I was just joking mate, calm down."

I rolled my eyes and began walking up the stairs to our room on the third floor.

The room was actually pretty good, two queen sized beds and a bathroom off to the side. A table and some chairs and a couch are also scattered around the room.

I walked over and placed Skyla on the bed closest.

"Malfoy, is there anyway you can speed up her healing process using potions or something?"

"Yeah, there's this one potion, dunno if it'll work but it's worth a shot i suppose. I'll be back, just need to get the supplies." he apparated out of the room.

"Nott can you go tell my father that we found her but she's too weak to apparate and when she's well enough, we'll go back to the manor."

He nodded his head and left too, leaving Skyla and i alone.

I summoned up a bowl of water and a washcloth and began dabbing at some of the cuts on her head.

"I'll find who did this to you, angel. And when i do, they're gonna wish they were never even born."

—————————————————————————

hey guys, sorry if this chapter seems a bit rushed or odd, or if you came back to read it again to find that it's different.

i had to rewrite most of this chapter cause somehow it got deleted and i didn't realise till weeks later !!!

anyways, hope all makes sense

lots of love

-xx