1

Y/N walks down the hallway, taking fast strides; her Walkman in her hand, and headphones over her ears.

I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!

She makes a B-line to her locker and puts in her combination, she pulls open the rickety locker and grabs her green maths book. The music that floods her ears stops as someone pulls the Walkman off her head.

"Guess who?" The boy behind her says, putting his hands over her eyes.

"Fucking Rumpelstiltskin." She says, "you look like him." Alastor's mouth opens in shock.

"You bitch!" He says, making her laugh. He jokingly hits her across the shoulder and she softly nudges him back.

"Just stating facts." She raises her hands in surrender, before closing her locker with a loud clang.

"Oh shit, have you seen Sahar? She said she stayed up late studying last night, and she might have slept in." Y/N says, as Alastor's arm gets thrown over her shoulder.

"Yah just saw her earlier, said she needed the bathroom and that she'd be in homeroom, she also told me too "not wait around for her." He puts the last few words in air quotes.

"Ok cool," Y/N looks down at her watch to check the time, they had five minutes till the bell. "Shit we gotta start heading there now." The two rush to their class and take a seat in their usual spots.

Y/N looks back down at her watch...

7:53

Sahar had two minutes to get her ass here before she got a detention after school.

"Time?" Alastor asks,

"7:53." The boy laughs.

"She's so not gonna make it." As soon as he says that, the brunette girl rushes through the door, the bell ringing as soon as she enters.

She throws herself into her seat exasperatedly, "I should never skip gym class again." She says, wiping the invisible sweat off her forehead.

"Hello class, glad we all could make it. I know we are all excited about Halloween." The teacher is interrupted by a loud, excited chatter. "But, there's still learning to be done, and not to mention a new student." The class looks up at those last two words. They spot a brunette, clad in a tie dye sweater and jeans. "This is Max Dennison, coming to Salem from California. Please be kind." She nudges him to take a seat, and he conveniently sits a row away from the three best friends.

The teachers voice is drowned out by Y/N's thoughts, 'we could totally use a fourth friend.' She smiles at the boy as they make eye contact. She leans over to speak with him.

"My names Y/N, you seem cool." She says, before trying not to cringe at her introduction. Thankfully Max doesn't notice, though he does notice the Walkman latched on the girls pants.

"Thanks! And cool Walkman, what type of music you got?" He asks, she smiles at the start up in conversation and she pulls it off her pants to show the boy.

"A bit of everything you know, Nirvana, Hendrix, Joan Jett, you name it I probably have it on here." She says, making him smile brightly at her.

"Am I interrupting something?" The teacher says, making the two look up at her.

"No ma'am." The two speak, before glancing at each other and laughing. Max pulls out a piece of lined paper and scribbles something down on it.

He leans over to whisper to the girl, "Well, in case Jimmi Hendrix shows up tonight, here's my number." He hands the girl the folded piece of paper before turning back to face the front of the classroom.

"I'll make sure to remember that." The girl laughs, making the boy beside her smile a little.

■□■□■□■□■□■

"So you and the new kid hit it off then didn't you?" Sahar jokingly nudges her friend.

"Oh, Max? Yah I guess." She says nonchalantly.

"He gave you his number, and you 'guess'? He totally likes you!" Alastor exclaims, waving his hands crazily.

"As if! We just met each other." Y/N says, pulling out her house key and sticking it in the door. "See you guys!"

"Hey wait! You should invite him tonight, it can be his like...initiation or something." Sahar suggests, making Y/N nod.

"Yah sure, I'll ask him."

■□■□■□■□■□■

"Dennison residence?" A mans voice speaks through the telephone.

"Um, can I speak to Max." Y/N mutters awkwardly.

"Yah, can I ask who this is?" The man questions.

"Y/N Onyx, I'm one of Max's friends from school." The man hums before yelling for Max to pick up the phone.

"Hey!"

"Hey Max, Jimi Hendrix didn't show up but I thought I'd call anyway."

"Bummer. But I guess talking to you will suffice." He jokes, the girl on the other end laughs before continuing.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and my friends. We're going to 'The Sanderson' house. It's the really ancient place that three old hags lived during the Salem witch trials." Y/N explains sloppily, "so you in?"

"Yah sure, I'm in!" Max says excitedly before groaning, "I just forgot, I have to take my little sister trick or treating." He sighs.

"That's fine! She can come too, we'll meet up and go trick or treating with you first. How about that?" Max agrees, and they both say their goodbyes. Y/N dials another number, Sahar, and tells her the news before telling her to pass it on to Alastor.

Little did they know, their plan would put them in a sticky situation.