chapter 20

Lennox Monroe

I don't know if I've ever felt this happy.

Harry has been nothing but supportive and we've had nothing but happy memories being made together.

I've had the last week off for my holiday break and I've spent almost the entire break at Harry's house. We've been playing board games, watching Christmas movies, putting together puzzles, and playing countless games of hide and seek per Theo's request.

Every evening after Theo was put to bed Harry and I would stay in the living room starting on opposite ends of the couch until we would eventually end up in the middle sharing the same blanket as I laid with my head on his shoulder.

Every night we fell asleep in the same position on the couch and woke up wrapped up in each other and the one blanket that we had continued to share.

We still hadn't put a label on anything but I've certainly become more comfortable around him and we were back to being inseparable.

It was three days before Christmas and I knew that I would have to go home tomorrow so I could get packed for my flight. I was going back to spend it with my family and I had yet to get anything ready for my trip.

I still had to buy a gift for my dad and my brother, at this point, it was looking like they were going to be getting a stack of crochet coasters.

That was another thing that Harry and I had been doing to pass the time with our days off. He asked me to teach him again how to crochet after he definitely didn't pay attention the last time I tried to show him, but he seemed much more interested in learning after I gave him the cardigans that I had made for him and Theo.

We started with coasters since that's what I find easiest and what I have my students do as an introduction. After a few lessons, Harry seemed to be a natural at it. I tried having him move on to another design but he said he was too scared to mess it up so he had a large stack of multi-color squares collecting on the coffee table in the living room.

He threw another purple square onto the pile that was accumulating in front of him.

"How many purple ones have you made?" I looked at the collection laughing.

"I think that was number 18?" He shrugged before reaching for the pastel orange spool of yarn.

"What on earth are you going to do with all of those?" I let out an airy laugh at him as he grabbed the hook to start another.

"I dunno' but they're fun to make." He gave me a shy smile as I just rolled my eyes. "You're having fun with what you're making and I'm having fun just being out here with you, I don't need to make anything else." He shrugged as he moved in closer to me pressing a kiss to my cheek and going back to work.

The little actions of affection were yet another thing that had become normal for us. We would cuddle on the couch, hold hands as we walked with each other, and sneak in small kisses back and forth, mostly when Theo was out of the room.

We had just put Theo to bed and I was putting off the time even more until I needed to go home. I told Theo that I wouldn't see him for a few days and I would be leaving but he kept telling me and Harry that 'Lenny, has to stay for Christmas!'

We had been celebrating basically all week by doing nothing but lounging around with every holiday movie playing and when we got sick of those it was Christmas music echoing through the apartment.

Harry and Theo had their matching pajamas back on and I was in a pair of flannel Christmas pajamas that my family had gotten matching last year. Harry wanted to get another pair of the dinosaur ones so I could match him and Theo but I told him I couldn't ruin the bond that they had going on with those.