7. тнe вaтнтυв

The three waited in silence for Joyce and the Chief to finally arrive

The three waited in silence for Joyce and the Chief to finally arrive. The twins, not looking forward to seeing their mother's reaction. So when Harlow caught sight of her mother she couldn't help but sink a little into her chair.

"Hey!" She furrowed her brows at the sight of her son in handcuffs. "Jonathan—Harlow? Jesus, what...what happened?," she motioned her hands towards the cloths placed on her children's knuckles with the Chief not far behind her.

"Ma'am..." Callihan tried.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" Joyce inquired.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why,"

"Take them off,"

"I am afraid I cannot do that,"

"Take them off," She boomed.

"You heard her. Take 'em off," Hopper ordered.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see," Powells' added, him and Callihan leading the Chief outside to Jonathan's car.

Harlow internal scolded herself, knowing that Hopper questioning them was only going to waste more time. The three came back, the box full of their things in Hopper's hands before he dropped it on the table.

Joyce started to rummage through the box, "What is this?"

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car," Hopper deadpanned.

"What?"

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan narrowed his eyes.

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office,"

"You won't believe me,"

"Why don't you give me a try?"

The teens and Joyce followed him into his office. Once they were finally seated, each of them started to explain the events that started happening, Harlow specifically leaving out the details of El and the kids' involvement.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asked, inspecting the photo that Harlow had given to her mother and him.

"We don't know," Harlow replied.

"It's just a theory," Nancy added.

Joyce gave her children a sorrow-filled look before asking them to join her in the hallway. The mother stood there in silence trying to wrap her mind around everything, trying to understand why her children would put themselves in this position.

"I'm sorry, mom," Jonathan spoke up.

"What, you're sorry? You're...you're sorry? That is not good enough, Jonathan,"

"I know,"

"That's not even close. That's not even in the...in the ballpark,"

"We wanted to tell you, we just—" Harlow exclaimed.