3. нolly, jolly

The last thing Harlow was expecting to wake up to was her mother mummbling her little brother's name

The last thing Harlow was expecting to wake up to was her mother mummbling her little brother's name. It seemed her and Jonathan had the same idea because when she opened her door her twin was standing in his doorway pulling on his shirt.

Scratching the top of her messy hair, "Nice underwear Johnny," She yawned, which only earned her an eyeroll.

As Jonathan opened Will's door, the sight of her mother rocking back and forth made Harlow's heart drop. The women had brought every lamp in the house into the youngest Byers' room, asking for Will to speak to her.

"Mom?" Jonathan spoke up.

"Jonathan, Harlow! Come here. Come here," She waved them over

"Mom, what is this?" Harlow asked

"Come here, Come here," Joyce sniffled, repeating herself as the twins sat on either side of her.

"What's going on?" Jonathan asked.

"It's Will. It's Will, he's...trying to talk to me,"

"He's trying to talk to you?" He repeated.

"Yes, through...through the lights,"

"Mom—," The twins said simultaneously.

"I know, I know. Just...just watch. Will... your brother and sister are here. Can you show him what you showed me, baby?" She trembled, all three of them looking at the lights.

The one in front of the group flickered for a split second which caused Joyce to let out a gasp, "Did you see that?" She said, pointing to the light.

"It's the electricity, mom," Jonathan tried to reason. "It's acting up—it's the same thing that fried the phone,"

"No! It is not the electricity, Jonathan. Something is going on here! Harlow, honey, you believe me don't you? Please you have to believe me,"

Soft tears left Harlow's eyes at the sight of her mother's state. None of them have been doing okay since Will's disappearance, but she never thought that this would happen.

"Mom. Mom," Harlow grabbed her mother's hands, "I think you are exhausted, and I think you need to get some sleep—"

"No! No, yesterday, the wall—" She pointed to a corner of the room.

"What? What about the wall? Jonathan asked.

"I don't know. I don't know,"

Jonathan's voice started to rise, "Mom, first the lights, then the wall?

"I just know that Will is here,"

"No, mom,"

"Maybe if I get more lamps—" Joyce started to stand up, her children following her movement.

"No, mom," Harlow joined in. "You don't need more lamps. You need to stop this, okay? He is just lost. People are looking for him, and they're going to find him,"