"This doesn't prove shit, these are innocent text messages between a teacher and a student...yes having her phone number may be tilting towards something but this is nothing." I say looking to her.

"Keep going, there's instagram ones too. Slippy fingers?" She says and I come across the instagram ones...theses are from Diana's account, Jesus Christ. Someone got into her instagram—who is, I'm guessing Violet since she is so set on getting me fired.

Knowing Diana, her password is probably 'Diana123' for Christ sake. I keep flicking through them before I get to more recent ones...ones that should have stayed between just us.

Fuck.

"These are private messages." I say.

"Keep going." She tells me again. What the hell were we thinking on instagram...I am never messaging her over a fucking post again.

There goes my job.

"This is an explicit photo, this can't be used against either of us as you do not have consent to have this!" I say looking back to her.

Goddamnit Diana.

"Should have thought about all of this before you had sex with your student!" She shouts and I scoff.

"You have proof of me having some what of a relationship with her recently....not whilst I was her teacher. I didn't have sex with Diana while she was my student."

"There's a post that Diana uploaded, from a camera, with dates, a blanket covering your body." Fuck Diana. Jesus Christ.

This isn't Diana's fault, it's my own, I told her she could post those photos for my birthday since she was so set on posting something. I rip the papers.

"Don't use the photos of Diana, that would ruin her life and she is on a good path right now. If you're going to do shit, don't use the photos and keep her name private...she done nothing, she has gone through hell, do not put her through more because you are angry with me." I drop the ripped up papers on her desk. She looks at me.

"It's one shame you're good at teaching." She says.

"It was only her, nobody else." I say.

"Why though? Why would you do something so stupid?" She questions and I shrug.

"I found love in a complicated place, when you are in love, you will do anything for someone." I tell her standing up from my seat.

"You are fired, immediately. Go to your classroom and pack your things." She says to me and I nod. Expected.

I walk around the seat towards the door.

"Natalie." She calls me and I stop.

"Hm?"

"I will not be contacting the police, for Diana's sake, not yours." She says and I nod looking back to her.

"Thanks, Daniels." I say and she walks around her desk sitting down.

I leave her office shutting the door behind me, I see Malyn, she stares at me as I walk closer.

"What happened?" She asks.

"Violet has photos of Diana. How do I get a fifteen year old spoiled brat to not use them?" I look to Malyn and her eyes widen.

"Um...money?"

"I can offer her about two hundred dollars, that's all I have on me." I groan rubbing my temple.

"You could ask her—"

"I will not ask nicely, I lost my job because of her." I say, I get closer to my classroom noticing a familiar asshole standing outside.

"What do you want to not release those photos? Delete them completely?" I ask her and she looks to me.

"Rude to assume I would want anything....maybe I came to say sorry you lost your job." She shrugs and I take a breath, closing my eyes for a small second.

"A hundred dollars?" I ask. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Three hundred." She says.

"Two hundred." I cross my arms and she shakes her head.

"Two hundred and fifty." She smiles. Cheap for a spoiled brat, I suppose.

"Alright...you will show me that you deleted these photos—and from your recently deleted, you can be in deep shit if you release those photos, so I'd advise you not to if you know what's good for you."

"Hello? I have more than ten missed calls from you and about a hundred messages, is something wrong?" I ask Diana as I pour myself a glass of whiskey instead of wine.  I balance my phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Yeah! Well—no but you haven't messaged me or called me in over two days, Natalie! What the hell! I was worried!" I hear Diana raising her voice. I put the bottle down on the counter as I take my phone, moving it to my other ear.

"My apologies. I have...been busy."

"Too busy to check in? Too busy to send your girlfriend a text and let me know that you're okay, I was so worried." I hear shuffling and a huff from her. I pick up my glass as I walk around the island, I sit onto one of the stools before taking a sip of my drink.

"I know, I apologise, I'm just stressed."

"You don't think I am? I'm in college, Natalie. I still find time to call."

"Yes, well....A lot has happened over the last couple of days."

"Like what? Hanging out with Olivia without telling me?" She snaps.. I won't make her feel guilty about my dad, especially over the phone.

"I wasn't 'hanging out' with her, I was with my family since an aunt of mine passed, one I had no contact with and barely knew...Olivia is still with Zack, she was there. I was busy, not with her." I tell her swirling my glass around before placing it down as I rub my head.

"I'm sorry—I just miss you." She huffs.

"I know, my beautiful girl. I'm going to see you so soon, and...I think I may have a good few cuddles in me for you." I cringe at my words but I know it'll cheer her up so I say it anyway.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise when there's nothing to be sorry for, I love you, my darling. We have two weeks from Monday to be with each other and we can both cherish every second until I next see you, before you know it, it will be summer and we will have almost three months." I pick up my glass taking another sip.

"Okay...I love you." She responds.

"Oh, shit, before I forget, what's your instagram password?" I ask her.

"What?"

"Never mind, just change it, I got hacked earlier...I got back in but just change your password, I wouldn't want you losing your account." I tell her.

"Okay...Can we FaceTime instead?" She asks. I move my phone away from ear, changing to FaceTime before I smile when I see her face on the screen.