blood

I crawled from his grip as he fell still, pulling out from his arms, moving up the pillows, I looked to his sleeping face. I felt so tired, but couldn't bare with his possessive smothering. I don't want to be yelled at for being bad, I just want to be alone. I moved to the edge of the bed and plopped down onto the discarded clothes, briefly considering shifting and getting dressed. He'll just get mad again, I kind of want to stay in his good books if we're going to be stuck so close inside the carriage. I curled up in my clothes, my eyes drifting to the night sky, so very pretty was the moon. I wriggled my muzzle into my shirt, feeling my eyes flutter shut.

I blearily looked around, the world moving, I was cuddled up in warmth. I let my gaze examine everything, looking up to see Danny, he was walking somewhere, holding me, bundled up in my clothes. I huffed quietly, stretching out and shaking my head, I met his eyes as he looked down at me, a smile on his face, I simply mewed, wanting to be put down so I can shift and dress.

He placed me down on the bed of my room, leaving without a word, I sighed in relief and shifted quickly, getting dressed into some new clothes. He must have been in a rush or something. I experimented by pulling the door, it opened.

I guess he isn't locking it now.

I walked towards the direction of the dining hall, examining the paintings of wolves and foxes on the walls. I opened the door and peaked in, Kendall was sitting alone, munching on some food. I met his eyes and gripped the door. What do I say? Maybe I should go and find Chloe.

"Chloe should be down in a minute. Her and Danny are having a talk... Leaving me out of it, assholes" grumbled Kendall. A servant moved towards me, I examined him curiously, is this the one Kendall was talking to? I can't remember if he said the servants name or not.

"Ah, Maya, kitten, would you be having breakfast in here?" Asked the servant, I suppose I am a little hungry, my stomach rumbling. The servant waited with a patient smile, Kendall grumbling at the table.

"Ah, yeah... Sure!" I stammered, he smiled and left quickly, possibly to tell them to make breakfast for me. I slowly sat down at the table and looked to the uncomfortable fox prince. He was stuffing some eggs and bread into his mouth. The door opened and Chloe and Danny walked in, Danny gave me a confused look, as if not expecting me to be here... Maybe he did just forget to lock it.

"How did your little meeting go? Anything important?" Huffed Kendall, sarcasm in his voice. I looked to Chloe who sighed and shook her head.

"Kendall, please not now. I promise, I will tell you if it's important" assured Chloe, Kendal grumbled and shook his head.

"I'll be at the cart. Don't take to long." Kendall said, his voice hard and frustrated. The door slamming behind him.

"You know how he feels about being left out of the loop Danny. He's just worried" Chloe said softly, her hand fell on my head and tidied up my hair, I smiled up at her. She giggled and sat besides me, servants moved in with food, a helping of pancakes and shiny golden syrup on my plate. I ate as the room became silent, Danny and Chloe seeming on edge.

"Are you ok?" I asked Chloe, nudging her slightly and peaking into her tired eyes. She smiled softly and scratched under my chin, much to my delight.

"Just worried about what's going to happen, there isn't much time left for him to arrange a quick marriage" she mumbled, tearing pieces of her pancakes, but seeming unable to bring herself to eat.

"Well then eat up, you'll need it to think" I told her, she giggled and made a show of putting food in her mouth. I nodded and looked to Danny, he was watching us, seeming a little jealous, well it's his fault.