The Devil was once an angel

The soles of Bonnie's feet are glued to the hardwood with sweat as she fidgets in the parlor under the penetrating stares of various sets of supernatural eyes. She shifts her weight from one leg to the other ever so slightly and catches her lip between her teeth as she waits for some word from Klaus or Elijah as to why she was requested.

Small bumps rise over her skin as she watches the pupils of the men - on either side of the dirty brunette on the couch- enlarge until the black overtakes the whites of their eyes. They simultaneously groan, roused by her presence, their jaws constricting. She had never seen fangs before Klaus had demonstrated earlier that he was in fact something she had only believed to exist in folklore, but beholding the elongated canines of the vampire strangers before her makes her think she should get used to the sight of the monsters.

"Ain't she sweet," Anne-Marie drawls, pushing herself up from the chaise, "Don't worry angel, you can come a little closer, I don't bite and neither do they -unless I say so."

Bonnie doesn't budge; she's anticipating a different direction from Klaus who has his back to her.

He hadn't turned around once since she entered the room.

"Tell her to come closer so I can get a good look at what you got," Anne-Marie orders Klaus.

Klaus makes no retort and Bonnie's anxiety heightens because she doesn't feel comfortable following this woman's request. She glances over to Elijah at her side eyeing her but she can't make out his expression, she doesn't know if his crinkled forehead is a warning for her to stay put or go. But Klaus finally snaps his fingers, murmuring for Bonnie to move from under the doorway and let Anne-Marie look at her.

She unsticks one foot reluctantly when Elijah's hand encircles her wrist and yanks her back to his side.

"Pardon me, but as this is my human, only I speak for her, and I decline Ms. Boudreaux's wish," Elijah states with ease as if it were a fact. Bonnie gasps as Elijah wraps his arm at her waist, thrusting her against him. She tries to rolls her neck up at Elijah but he has her nestled under his chin, and she wriggles to look back at Anne-Marie but Elijah was intent on keeping her face a breath away from his suit lapel.

Elijah's outburst surprises the guests and annoys Klaus who rises swiftly, knocking over the chair.

"Elijah," Klaus growls, "Step aside."

"As a loyal subject of Marcel's kingdom, I respectfully ask you to leave my home," Elijah answers, rubbing his hand over Bonnie's back trying to calm her down. She is frantic because she can't see what is happening.

"She's yo' human?" Anne-Marie laughs, "You went through all this trouble to bring back yo' bloodbag?"

"What the hell are you doing, Elijah?" Klaus yells. But Elijah ignores him, "No, not for a blood bag. But for my beloved. Marcel can surely understand a man's want to resurrect the woman he loves."

Bonnie smashes her forehead into his chest and whispers, "What are you doing?"

"Ya' mean to tell me that that pretty little thing you holding on to for dear life is yo' lover?"

There is a moment of silence and Bonnie can hear her own heartbeat before Elijah says, "I fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her."

Anne-Marie mawkishly puts her hand over heart and sighs, and places her fists on her hips and saunters over to the couple, "You and I both know you ain't neva even smelled this two-bit witch's snatch, let alone been her man."

Elijah's grip tightens around Bonnie, "Madam, I think it is time for Claude to escort you and your guards out."

"I'm done playing," Anne-Marie says, shaking her head as Elijah wails, crumbling to the ground, releasing Bonnie to clench the sides of his temples.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 26, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Resurrectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें