New Orleans in my view

Elijah flagrantly strides into Bonnie's bedroom without permission from the sleeping witch, an impropriety he would never lower himself to do, but with Marcel's henchmen on their lawn, now was not a time for etiquette.

"Did this Mama T betray you?" he asks Klaus who is tying the laces on his boots and bellowing to the maid in the hall holding a breakfast tray to bring him a clean shirt immediately.

"Surely she knows it would not be in her best interest to do so," Klaus responds, glancing over his shoulder at Bonnie who is wide awake and whose bright green eyes are fixed on him.

"What's wrong?" She asks him, genuinely concerned, stretching across the bed to rest her warm hand on his bare shoulder.

The intimate gesture is not overlooked by Elijah, and neither is the reaction of Klaus momentarily allowing her hand to rest on him before standing abruptly.

"We have company," Klaus says nonchalantly, motioning to the silver tray at the foot of the bed laden with toast, jam, fruit, eggs and fresh brewed coffee, "Eat." He orders.

"War is what you wanted and it has begun," Elijah whispers solemnly, curiously observing Bonnie dressed in Klaus's pajamas, her slender hands feverishly brushing her wild hair from her face, chewing on her bottom lip as she asks Klaus if there is anything she can do to help, and Klaus casting a mischievous smile at her and telling her he will need her help very soon, and the look of contentment that follows on Bonnie's face informs Elijah that Bonnie trusts Klaus, and that fact astounds him as he stares at the witch.

"Let us not be rude Elijah; we shall invite them in," Klaus says, breaking his brother's concentration from Bonnie.

Marissa scurries into the room holding a fresh, clean white button-down. "Marissa, show the guests at the door to the parlor," Klaus instructs.

"Do you think it is wise to invite Marcel's minions in our home?"

Rolling up the cuffs of each sleeve, Klaus impatiently huffs, "Marcel is only flexing his muscle. It is what I would have done," he says, stepping closer to his brother, out of Bonnie's earshot to continue, "But I would have begun with burning down the house and everyone in it." He beams proudly.

"Regretfully, Marcel does not have your savoir faire," Elijah says gently, "Are you prepared?" He asks Klaus, his brown eyes locked on his brother who is behaving like the oncoming war is the equivalent of a child's anticipation of Christmas.

"Who is Marcel?"

Both brothers look at each other and then at Bonnie who tosses the covers off of her body and pads over to the pair. She looks up at Klaus with big round eyes and asks, "Why does he want a war with you?" with such vehemence that Elijah is convinced that Klaus was smart in obtaining Bonnie from the dead for if the forcefulness in her tone is any indication of what she will do to anyone who threatens Klaus, then she will prove to be a formidable accessory for their family. And Elijah wonders how Klaus was able to gain her trust so expeditiously and how it contrasts with her visibly cringing in his presence, a reaction from a woman he is unaccustomed to because he is sure it has never happened before.

He hopes that her trust for his brother will be remembered in the imminent future.

"Marcel is the vampire King of New Orleans," Klaus answers Bonnie, knowing that he dropped a bomb on her and he is thoroughly entertained by the confusion in her eyes.

Bonnie's mouth falls open and quickly closes and Elijah offers her a tight smile.

"Vampire?" Bonnie says as if Klaus is joking, instantly seeing the cartoonish Count Chocula on the front of a cereal box and her with a spoon clinking against her cereal bowl as she slurped up the chocolate flavored milk.