"Please have mercy!" I cried out quietly as I looked under the benches for another dagger but was met by nothing but crackers and suitcases.

The familiar sound of foot steps approached the carriage quickly. I slid back to the opposite side from the door and reached into my hair, pulling out one of my sharp hair pins.

I raised it up as the door began to open. I don't hesitate to throw it forward, making the man yell before the sound of metal clanging filled the air. My hands flew to my face in shock as the iron suit clad man look to me with my pin sticking out the side of his helmet.

"Princess." He called and moved to enter the carriage but I swiftly took out my last pin, "Do not approach me." I snapped and held it up again. I watched him hesitate, "I am from the Driscoll Kingdom.. We have come as a rescue." He spoke slowly before opening his hand out for me.

We both eyed each other for a moment before I slowly lowered my pin.

"R-Rescue?" I repeat and he said nothing but kept his hand out. I slowly place my pin back in my hair before placing my hand in his. He was gentle as he helped me out the carriage. My eyes widened as I saw the scene before me.

The drivers body laid lifeless on the ground, arrows sticking out of his skull and back. The prince was held by three guards and sobbing as he kicked his feet. A large crowd of iron clad guards created a circle around the carriage with one man on a large horse. They all looked upon me which made my stomach turn.

The sobbing prince broke the silence, "My humblest apologies to the kingdom of Driscoll! I can only pray for forgiv-" The warrior on the horse held up his hand, silencing who I believed to be the prince.

"Forgiveness? You have stolen the princess and impersonated me, the Prince of Driscoll." The large man snapped, "Death awaits you." My eyes widened as I looked to who I believed was the prince. The old man sobbed wildly as he kicked at the dirt and struggled in the guards arms.

"I was.. kidnapped?" I spoke slowly and watched as the true prince lowered from off his horse, "It is true. Your idiot of a father did not care about your safety." My eyes widened with how he spoke of my father. He was not wrong in the least but still it shocked me.

"Oh.." I couldn't muster out a word as the prince approached me. In his Armor, he stood well above any man I knew. I had to crane my sore neck upwards to try and make eye contact from what little I could see through his iron helmet.

His skin was a deep brown like my own and his eyes pitch black. I could see a hint of a scar but I had no time to examine further as the kidnapper began to plead again, "Please princess! Forgive me for my terrible actions! I will take any punishment but please not my life!" I couldn't help my grimace as I looked back towards the old man. His snot covered face made me want to hit him.

The prince paid him no mind as his eyes stayed locked to me, "His punishment is in your hands.." My eyes widened as I looked back at him, "I just.." I hesitated as I took a deep breath and did my best to gather myself.

It was simply too much going on at all times around me. I felt three seconds from exploding and in my mind, the only thing I wanted to do was beat this old man for making my hellish transition even worse. So to put it simply, that's what I did.

It was clearly a shock to everyone as I walked over to the sobbing man and raised my fist, "Bastard." I let it connect solidly against his cheek, earning a little hiss from one of his guards. Once was clearly not enough as I let my hands wallop him a few more times before stepping back.

His bruised cheek was satisfying along with his pleads of mercy. I straightened my back and looked to the blubbering thief, "I want him out of my sight. I wish for him to be far away." I politely concluded I turned back to the prince, ignoring the man's cries and apologies.

"As you wish, princess." The prince's voice softened as his hand moved to guide me back to his horse. I didn't realize he was blocking my view until the sound of an arrow being shot caught my attention. The thief's cries felt silent and I turned fully to the Prince. His large body stood between me and the scene, "I-Is he?.." The Prince said nothing as he ushered me once again to his horse. I didn't need to be told a third time.

My eyes fell upon the large beast and I hesitantly stepped forward.

My head reached its shoulder on the tips of my toes. I didn't get a chance to ask before the prince lifted me upon the horse's back. I held back my surprise from how easily he lifted me.

My size is nothing close to petite nor short but not a single noise left his lips when he lifted me.

I barely had a chance to grasp my surroundings before he lead the horse away from the scene.

"Clean up and return the carriage to the King of Bellemonte." He tells his guards as they stand at attention, "Relay this message, "The Prince and future king of Driscoll is appalled by his actions. Any harm done to the Princess will be reciprocated upon him." A gasp left my lips but he said nothing as his men nodded in confirmation.

I looked away towards the dirt, wanting to ignore the sound of bodies dragging as he lead his horse down the trail our carriage was once going.

________

What a silly little turn of eventsss!!! 🤭

Anyway, let me know how you guys feel about it so far! Thanks! 🤍💗🌸