"Is there a problem?" A familiar voice called out.

The officer steps aside, revealing Chaeryeong holding the younger Shin up. "Is there?"

"I told you; it wouldn't take long." Ryujin said to the officer with distaste.

He let out a loud sigh and walked away back to his co-workers.

"What happened?" Chaeryeong asked while opening the passenger side door and gently placing the sister into the seat.

"The officer probably made no arrests tonight, so he wanted to unlawfully detain me for parking in a restricted zone." Ryujin replied as she watched her sister half-consciously sway in her seat.

"Uh huh..."

Once Chaeryeong buckled herself into the back seat, Ryujin aggressively stepped on the accelerator, making her sister groan.

"Don't make her throw up, Ryu."

-

-

-

She held her drunk sister up as Chaeryeong opened the door. Due to the height difference, Ryujin was practically dragging Yuna into the apartment.

The moment they stepped foot into their home, a loud gagging noise was followed by warm liquid spewing onto the floor.

"Yuna..." Chaeryeong said exasperated while running to the kitchen to grab some paper towels.

The slimy sensation of vomit dripping down her pants leg made Ryujin shiver. She held her breath after taking a whiff of the awful smell of alcohol. Her eyes closed tight, trying to think about anything else other than the recurring memories that haunted her.

"I'm here, I'm here. I'll get her washed up." The blue-haired woman ran back and handed Ryujin the roll of paper towels.

She gently handed her sister over to Chaeryeong who led her into Ryujin's bedroom to clean her up. Ryujin took another deep breath before kneeling to wipe up the vomit off their white tiled floor.

Ryujin's mother took an old rag to clean up the mess her husband made after a drinking session. Empty glass bottles scattered all over the floor, surrounded with vomit stains on the carpet.

The young dark-haired girl kneeled beside her mother and took the rag from her.

"You should be doing your homework." Her mother said with sadness in her voice.

Ryujin faced her mother, noticing the wrinkles near her eyes and bruises forming on her left cheek.

"I don't have homework." She replied with a lie and continued to clean up the vomit off the wooden floor.

"You shouldn't be doing this. You're only 13"

"Neither should you. You are supposed to be looking after Yuna." Ryujin retorted, biting the inside of her cheek. She dipped the rag into the bucket of water and continued to wipe up the remaining liquid. "Why are you still with him?"

Her mother let out a sigh, "It's complicated, Ryujin."

"We can just leave while he is at work. I'm tired of all this."

"I don't have a job; we have no savings. And even if we leave, we'd be homeless." She wiped a tear off her cheek.

"I could find a job, I don't know where but I can work and bring us money, so we don't have to live here anymore." The young girl rambled on, coming up with far-fetched solutions to their problem.