"I'd appreciate that," Jade said, hugging Astarte. Astarte stopped texting for a moment to hug her back. Jade was addicted to that sweet vanilla scent. She didn't want to leave her arms.

"I know I smell good, but I gotta handle things. Hang out with Jaycee or watch a movie. If Roxanne starts shit, here's my number" Jade watched as Astarte reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone for her. Tabbing on the screen a few times before pausing, "I thought I already had your number?"

"I got a new one since that incident. I had to get a new phone. I still have my old one. I use it as a burner phone now for deals."

"Do you need my password?" Jade said, attempting to peek at her screen, but Astarte moved away.

"No. I'm already on your phone." Jade paused, shocked for a moment.

"How?"

"Secrets." Astarte closed her phone before she put it back in her pocket and walked away.

What else can this woman do?

Jade decided to tour the penthouse, seeing what else Astarte or Jaycee forgot to show in the tour. She crossed paths with Roxanne. Roxanne quickly pushed her into a side room, slamming her against the wall and watching Jade grab the back of her head before sliding down the wall to the floor. "Ow! What the fuck-" Jade yelled before Roxanne punched her across the face.

"Don't you dare rat me out. This is the only warning." Roxanne said before punching Jade, unconscious

Jade was unsure how long she was unconscious. She woke up in a dark, cold bedroom. She lifted herself to a sitting position before seeing the door open. She heard Neorch talking to someone in the hallway but was unaware of who. Jade took a breath of relief. She had flashbacks of what happened to Astarte months ago and thought she was next. Unaware of what exactly happened when she got kidnapped. She didn't have much time to think about it before Neorch popped himself in the doorway. Pain shot through Jade's body as she remembers the last thing she saw or remembers was her ass getting handed to her by Roxanne.

"Astarte, your girl is awake," Neorch said

"Good. Tell her to roll back over and try to get more sleep. I'll be there in a minute."

Jade nodded before lying back down on the bed facing away from Neorch.

"She heard you." Neorch walked back into the living room, sitting beside Astarte as she was concentrating on the TV. Neorch wrapped his arm around Astarte. "I have to go deal with her love. Hold that thought," Astarte said, standing from the couch. Neorch pouted, watching Astarte turn around. "Hold on, hun. Jesus Christ"

Jade felt the bed sink as Astarte sat next to Jade. Astarte watched Jade turn herself to face Astarte before sitting up.

"Talk to me. Why did I find you unconscious with your shit kicked in?"

"Roxanne is evil.." Jade said, looking down and picking at her hands

"She brought you into my father's office and beat the fuck out of you," Astarte said.

"I'm going to let you stay in here for a while. Tonight, I will let you sleep in here so you are protected. Neorch can sleep in the spare bedroom." Jade giggled at how serious she was.

"Go back to sleep. Neorch will make food here soon." Astarte got off the bed. Jade decided to roll over and drift off to sleep.

The best sleep she's ever gotten in her life.

Jade opened her eyes, hearing what she assumed was a fan. Unaware that they never woke her up to eat. Astarte placed the blanket on her when she finally went to sleep. Jade rolled over, facing Astarte. Or at least the back of her. Her hair was down and messy, with a slight hint of vanilla. Jade saw that she was in her usual sleep attire: bra and sweatpants.