[02] guess who's back

The group headed back to their separate personal residencies. Annika and Mindy roomed together—it was how the two had met, after all—while Chad and Ethan roomed together, and Ella shared a dorm with a sweet and playful roommate named Ashley. The Carpenter sisters had their own apartment, which they shared with a friendly, flirtatious girl named Quinn that Ella had only met briefly through hellos exchanged across the street once or twice. Chad insisted on walking Tara home, much to Mindy, Annika and Ella's amusement, so the rest of them headed back to the college dorms without him.

"You should stay over at my dorm." Ethan suggested. "Since Chad's gone anyway. We could cuddle."

Ella giggled, nudging him playfully as they walked the streets back to the campus dorm building. "I've gotta change out of my outfit, silly. This dress is cute, but not exactly ideal for sleepwear."

"I could help you change out of it." Ethan offered. Ella laughed, shoving his chest again playfully as they paused outside the doors to the college building.

"Tempting offer, but I've also gotta wash off my make-up and stuff. I refuse to ever make the mistake of falling asleep with make-up on. My skin can't handle that, thank you very much."

Ethan pouted. "Fine. But will you come to my dorm right after?"

"What if one of the guys on your floor sees me there?" Ella teased. "We'll get caught. Guys and girls aren't supposed to be on each other's floors"

"No-one will care." Ethan wrapped her in his arms. "Come on; we haven't gotten to sleep together in a long long time. It'd be nice to spend the night cuddling again."

"Cuddling?" Ella said teasingly. "Cuddling only?"

"Maybe a little more." Ethan admitted. "If you wanted to."

Ella grinned up slyly. "I think it's more if you want too."

Ethan groaned against her. "Don't tell me it's just me." He said desperately. "Tell me you've wanted me too." As much as I want you. "You can't say you haven't missed me at all, can you, baby?"

It was true. The two of them hadn't had sex in almost months. Chad was always in their dorm; and there'd be occasional nights where Ashley went out, but some of those nights Ella still had to study, so Ethan would come over to cuddle but not much else. The couple hadn't had much time to themselves, and while the kisses and cuddles and hugs were adorable, Ella admittedly felt her body warming up at Ethan's touch too. "Maybe a little bit." She pursed her lips, trying to bite back a smile. She failed miserably as Ethan grinned, nuzzling into her neck.

"I knew it." He murmured, placing soft kisses against her. "So my place?"

"Your place." Ella agreed, giggling. "Ashley's up studying for a Chem test she has tomorrow so I suppose I'll drop by to change and grab some clothes and then after visiting the girl's restroom I'll head to your room."

"I should probably change too." Ethan laughed. "Oh shit, I stole Anika's hat earlier too—or I should say, we traded. I should probably return that to her." 

"Hand it to me; I'll give it to Mindy when I see her tomorrow." Ella suggested.

"Sure thing." Ethan took off the orange hat and handed it to her. The two of them walked inside, and entered the elevator. The girl's dorm was on floor four, while the guys lived on floor three. When the elevator door opened to the third level, Ethan pressed a chaste kiss to her lips before exiting the box. "I'll be waiting for you in my dorm." He told her, a shy smile on his face. Ella smiled back adoringly, a blush on her cheek. It was strange, she thought. How quickly they went from bold and flirtatious to shy, awkward lovers. How quickly Ethan could switch from being an eager, enthusiastic and almost possessive individual yet turn his face and instantly appear innocent and sweet and kind again.