Of course, that was all Mu Qingling's wishful thinking. In reality, the moment Mu Qingling left, Taehyung continued working at his desk as if nothing had happened.

"President, security is already escorting Miss Mu out," Secretary Go said. "That woman was definitely acting weirdly. Shall I go ahead and ask someone to investigate her?"

"No need," Taehyung said. "Why investigate someone insignificant? She can't be related to what happened to my Jennie. She's dumb."

Secretary Go could only nod at Taehyung's words while keeping his thoughts to himself. He had found Mu Qingling's behavior strange, especially that confidence she displayed earlier. He thought that Mu Qingling might have some hidden agenda. But the president had misunderstood his intentions and thought that he had suggested to investigate Mu Qingling in relation to the ongoing investigation into Jennie's past. He was not that stupid ah! In the end, Secretary Go could only shake his head as he then realize how Miss Jane had occupied so much of President's Kim's thoughts.

...

Meanwhile, Xuan Kai was frowning while talking to his secretary. "What do you mean she doesn't exist?"

"I went to the British Consulate-General Hong Kong and gave them her name and asked them to pull out public information about this person but they told me that there was no such person. As far as the consulate is concerned, they do not have someone by that named who is from China that is currently a citizen of Europe," the secretary explained. "I tried to talk to Lawyer Yan but he refused to give me some information. He said that he values the privacy of his clients, even if they are already dead."

"How about her address now... did you manage to find it? Where is she staying now?" he asked.

"Negative." The secretary lowered her head in embarrassment. "Our people have searched the guests database of every hotel in Hong Kong and they couldn't find a guest by that name in any of the hotels here. I think she might be using a different name."

"Did you check with the airports? If she has been in Europe all these while, then she would have flown here and the airports would have her flight records."

"I already did. But there was no flight record from Europe to Hong Kong of someone by that name, according to the airport staff," his secretary replied.

"Then do something about it! Find that woman no matter what! Did you check her license plate? Just f*cking do your goddamn job and give me some results!" he fumed out of frustration. It had been days since he tasked his secretary to find her but she couldn't deliver results. Just how did that b*tch get into Hong Kong if not by air?

"What is going on here?" Qin Eun-Ji's voice echoed as she walked into Xuan Kai's office. She immediately noticed the tense atmosphere, and his secretary had her head lowered. Qin Eun-Ji immediately tried to ease her husband's anger. "Kai," she said while stroking her husband's back.

Then she eyed the secretary and dismissed her. "What's the matter? What made you so angry?" she asked Xuan Kai as she sat on his lap and curled her arms around his neck.

"I had some people to investigate that brat for days now and my secretary who was leading the investigation told me that they failed to find her name registered in the British Consulate-General Hong Kong and among the passenger records in the airports. How is that possible?"