(Edited) Chapter 2

Three large forms crashed into the foliage and quickly surrounded me. Each was a humongous dragon, a two of them were deep red while the the largest of them was a red-orange. They all held spears the size of telephone poles and dark grey amour covered their chests and heads. I recognized the dragons as Skywings from "Wings of Fire", and the armor they wore clearly meant they were soldiers of the Skywing kingdom.

One of the dragons that surrounded me began to speak to one the others, "Just one puny scavenger? I thought you said they traveled in packs, Falcon."

"Falcon" shot a sharp glance at "Finch", "If you were listening, Finch, I said they usually travel in packs. This one decided to travel alone,"

He looked back at me with a predatory smile, "How very unfortunate for it."

Finch was apparently not satisfied with that answer and angrily snarled at Falcon, "One isn't worth a days search. Scarlet told us to find at least a whole pack for the arena or for her hatchday feast, which is less than a month away, right? If finding one of these pests is as difficult as today, how are we supposed to get enough for anyone."

Falcon swept his wing and slapped Finch in the face who fell on his side, "You best watch your tone before I personally serve you to Queen Scarlet on a silver platter"

I began backing up slowly as the two guards bickered, only to be scooped up by the third behind me. In response, I struggled frantically.
"Hey, this doesn't seem like a total loss. Maybe we could at least put this one in the arena. It looks feisty enough."

"Hey, let me go!" I cried out.

The Skywing recoiled in shock, but held his firm grip on me, which was uncomfortable to say the least.

Falcon stopped fighting with Finch and looked around for the unfamiliar voice, "Who said that? It...that wasn't..."

The Skywing's face was mixed with confusion and I think there was a hint of fear in his eyes, "I think it was...the scavenger, sir."

"No...that's... it's impossible," The skywing officer then took me out of the others claws and held me uncomfortably close to his face, "Alright scavenger, if you can speak...well speak already!"

I groaned as the Skywing's grip squeezed my chest, "Uh, yes, I can speak."

I could feel the air leaving my lungs as he was crushing me in his claws, "Could you loosen your grip, please," I begged.

The dragon was reasonably awestruck. I imagine that seeing a creature, that was continuously preyed upon like cattle, speak clearly like any of his kind rattled his core.

Finch barked at Falcon, who again, shot another glare at the younger dragon, "So, what should we do with it?"

"Well... I suppose it should be reported to the Queen immediately," Falcon still sounded unsure.

The other Skywing clearly took more interest in me and asked with slight excitement, "Hey scavenger, are there more of your kind  running around?"

"You are seriously talking to that thing?," Finch whispered sarcastically.

I answered with the only logical response, "Uh...no. It's just me. I'm traveling alone."

Falcon quickly asked the next question, "Are there any that are able to talk like you can?"

"I am not sure." Which was very true. I knew that the dragons had their own language, but I always thought it would be growls and snarls, but what I'm hearing is plain English.

Finch was still displeased with me and looked at Falcon and me with irritation, "Sir, I don't think that even a talking scavenger is worth the time we wasted scouring the entire kingdom."