22:Surprise...Again

Start from the beginning

I walk out and see Teresa in a beautiful dress sitting at a table with a white cloth and candle light.

"What's the occasion?" I ask.

"I have to tell you something. Sit down." She says. I walk over to her and pull my chair as close as possible.

"What is it love?" I ask worryingly. "You're making me nervous."

"I went to the pack doctor today." She started.

"Are you okay? Is everything alright? Your not sick are you?" A thousand thoughts raced through my mind. Werewolves didn't get sick easily.

"N-well...kind of." She says, making my heart beat faster.

"Are you going to be okay? Is it terminal? Do we need to get help from the witch coven nearby?" I interrupt.

"No no." She says quickly. "Nothing like that. Xavier...I'm pregnant."

My heart stops. Pregnant?

"Y-you're p-p-pregnant?" I stutter.

"Surprise?" She smiles weakly. I just sit there, not knowing how to react.

"Pregnant. As in we're having a pup." I say.

"Yeah." She nods.

"As in you are carrying my pup in which we created." She nods again. I smile and pick her up.

"I'm gonna be a father!" I shout as I spin her around. She laughs and it's like music to my ears.

"You aren't mad?" She asks as I sit her back down.

"Never. We finally have it all now. We're starting a family." I smile at her. "We should tell the pack right away!"

"Not now Xavier. I made this dinner, just sit and enjoy. Everyone will be here tomorrow." She says, making me calm down.

"You're right my love." I say, picking up a fork and knife. "This looks delicious."

"Thank you, it's a family recipe. My great great grandma was a baker." She says, taking a bite.

We eat and talk the rest of the night then go upstairs. I fall asleep thinking of how lucky I am.

!@#$%^&*()

"Attention everyone!" My voice boomed in the pack dining hall. Everybody looked towards me. "I have some news I would like to share with you."

Curious glances were thrown my way. Mostly from Teresa's friends.

"As you all know, my mate, Teresa, has returned and has taken her place as Luna." Everyone clapped. I raised a hand for silence. "Well, as of yesterday we had found out that a new member will be joining out pack in eight months."

There were murmurs of confusion and I raised my hand for silence. I gestured for Teresa to stand up which she did. "Red Moon Pack, please welcome your soon-to-be-pack member and future Alpha."

Realization crosses everybody's face and they start cheering. Teresa smiles at them as all the girls crowd around her.

"Congratulations man." Julio pats me on the back. "Good luck with the little Rugrat."

"Thanks man." I say as I take Teresa away from the girls before she gets suffocated. She looks at me and smiles. We say nothing as we head up to the bedroom to have a little celebration of our own.