9

El's POV

Hawk waited before everyone went inside before he said, "I have something very important to tell you." "Okay, what is it?" I asked, a bit confused. "I... I like you... or probably love you. I know we've only known each other for a few weeks, but it's true. I love you, El." I stood there in shock for a minute.

"And to prove that I'm serious," He said, starting to get down on one knee. He then opened the ring box to reveal a ring like Max's, only pink. "What are you doing? Are you proposing? We can't be getting married." I said, confused. "No, silly, this is a promise ring. Like the one Robby gave Max. " He explained. "Oh." I said, understanding things now. "I promise to always protect you, to never cheat on you or anything like that. " Hawk then stood up, taking a step closer to me. 

"I promise to always tell you if you have food in your teeth, or gunk in your hair. I promise to never pressure you to do anything you don't wanna do. So will you accept?" I nodded. "Yes. I love you too." I told him.  He then took the ring out of the box and threw it behind him. I giggled as he put the ring on my finger. He then leaned in an we kissed. We pulled away and he was about to say something, but I spoke first, "And yes, I will be your girlfriend." "Good." He said, smiling, before kissing me again. When we pulled away, he said, "We should probably go inside before they wonder what's taking us so long." "Yeah, you're right." I told him before pecking him on the lips one last time. He grabbed my hand and we headed inside.

When we walked in, everyone was talking about something. "Judging by the way you two have goofy looks on your faces and are holding hands, everything went well?" Miguel asked. I was a bit confused, but before I could ask him what he meant, Hawk told him, "Yeah, everything went good. Right princess?" He looked at me. "Yup." I said, looking up at him, smiling. 

"Well, we were all just talking about going to the mall or going for a walk or something."  Demetri told us. "I think we should go for a walk. More peaceful, less people, less of a chance of bumping into people." Moon said. "Unless someone stops walking, then the people behind them will bump into them." Dustin told her. "She meant mall people, Dustin. Mall people." Yasmine told him, rolling her eyes. "Whatever, let's go." Dustin said as they all headed towards the front door.