Chapter 1: Bringing out the Dead

Start from the beginning

Abby: God how could anyone ever marry him

Bonnie: I don't know. She must be a true monster.

KLAUS' MANSION

[Elijah opens the door. Stefan and Damon are standing outside.]

Elijah: Niklaus, our guests have arrived.

Klaus: Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?

[They are standing in the dining room. The table is set and there's food on it. Two female servants are standing in the room.]

Elijah: It's better to indulge him.

Stefan: I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out.

Klaus: Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours.

[They sit at the table and everyone except Stefan eats and drinks. One of the servants pours Damon some wine.]

Damon: Thank you, love.

Klaus: You lost your appetite.

Damon: Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home.

Klaus: That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Four of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?

Damon: Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier.

[He playfully winks at Elijah.]

Klaus: Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through.

Stefan: Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her.

Klaus: If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah.

Damon: Hey, Stef, remember when you killed Dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert.

Stefan: We're here to make a deal, Damon. That doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses.

Damon: I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself.

Elijah: Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?

Stefan: I don't know. Ask Damon.

[Klaus laughs.]

Klaus: I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise.

Stefan: One more word about Elena and this dinner is over.

[Klaus smiles and puts a finger to his lips as a promise to keep quiet about Elena.]

Damon: You know what, it's probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile.

Klaus: You're probably right.

Damon: Yeah.

Klaus: It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?

Elijah: Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?

Klaus: Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line.