back home

You walked down the staircase with your bag in hand. Your mom was standing in the kitchen, washing the dishes, while your father sat at the couch. You sat by the entrance, grabbing your combat boots as you put them on.

"Y/N, sweetheart, where are you going?" Your mother asked as she looked at you.

"I'm going out to meet Chishiya," You answered while tying the shoelaces on your combat boots.

"That boy again?" Your father asked with a look. He may look as if he disliked Chishiya, but truthfully, he just didn't want his daughter to have a boyfriend already. It would be a sign that she was growing up.

"Oh, don't be like that, Yoshi," Izumi sighed. "It's great our daughter's going out to meet her boyfriend."

"We're not dating, Mom," You reminded her for the umpteenth time.

"Not yet," She winked at you. "Go on, darling! Don't stay out too late, though. I'll be cooking dinner for us. Oh, how about you invite Chishiya over?"

"I'll ask him later on," You gave her a smile. Just as you wore your sling bag over your body, Izumi quickly stopped you.

"Oh, I almost forgot! I got you a gift," She said and quickly headed into her room. She came back out seconds later with a red box in hand.

"What's that?" You asked, looking at it.

"I had it custom made, just for you," She smiled at you. You took the box from her hand and opened it, gasping when you realised it was diamond necklace shaped into a heart.

"Mom, you shouldn't have!" You exclaimed in horror, not wanting to imagine how much a custom made diamond necklace costed.

"It's fine. You're my daughter," Izumi assured you. "You see this little button at the top of the heart? Press it."

You did as she said and the heart suddenly opened up. It revealed to be a photo of the three of you together. "It's us."

"Mhm. This way, if you ever miss us, just remember that we're always near here," She said and pointed to your heart.

"Thank you, Mom," You hugged her with a smile. "I'll get going now. Bye Dad!"

"Take care," He waved at you before looking back at his show.

You walked through the quiet roads of your neighbourhood before you gradually heard the sound of cars honking and people chattering increasing. You stood at Shibuya Crossing, watching the people around you as you waited for the traffic light for pedestrians to turn green.

You spotted the teahouse where you and Chishiya would have a meal together. You fished out your phone, texting Chishiya of your whereabouts.

y/n:
hey, i'm reaching the teahouse. wru?

shiyaaa:
I'm reaching in five minutes. Don't wait for me outside, head inside the teahouse first.

y/n:
okayy
Seen at 4:10PM.

You placed your phone back into your bag and looked back up onto the streets. The traffic light turned green and you began walking in the direction of the teahouse. You suddenly heard shouting and saw three young men. One of them was being lifted onto the second man as the third man recorded the scene. The one being lifted onto the blond guy's shoulders was a man with shaggy, dark hair.

"You know, this is the first day of your independence!" The blond man shouted. "Step aside! Coming through!"

"Whoa! Karube, put me down!" The man with shaggy, dark hair said.

You let out a chuckle, smiling as your eyes met with the man with messy, dark hair. He lets out a laugh as well before looking back at his friends.

You made it onto the opposite side of the street and made your way to the teahouse just a couple of meters away. You extended your hand out, about to push open the door to the teahouse when you suddenly heard something.