separated and familiarity

"Man, my legs can't do this anymore."

You looked over at Chishiya and stifled a laugh, "We've only been walking for 30 minutes."

"It's too long," He complained while latching onto your hand. "Let's rest for a little while, please, pretty?"

"Sucking up to me won't work, Chishiya," You warned him beforehand.

If you had turned your head to look at him, you would've seen the adorable pout that rested on his lips. Your hold on Chishiya's hand loosened as you slowed down for him.

"All right, you big baby. We'll rest at the mall up ahead," You told him with a smile.

"Finally."

You laughed at him as Chishiya seemed to gain his strength and speed back since he was now leading you. Not long, the both of you reached the mall and began wandering around. Chishiya wanted to find a convenience store as he desperately needed some water to quench his thirst.

"I'll go find some supplies. Wait for me here," You told Chishiya as you dropped him off by the convenience store.

"Don't take too long," He said with a look of worry.

"I won't," You smiled at him and watched him enter the store. Soon after, you took off and began exploring the mall, sticking only to the first floor.

There were clothing stores, restaurants, photo booths and IT shops. Your gaze lingered by a clothing store, looking at the article of clothing that was displayed on the mannequin. It was a cute summer dress. It was yellow in colour, and a bit of baby blue was present in the pattern.

"Chishiya would've liked it," You muttered out loud.

You turned around, getting ready to head up to the second floor to find more supplies when suddenly, you heard something loud nearing the mall. Your eyes widened in fear as you knew what could have been making that sound.

"The King of Spades!"

Your heart hammered in your chest as you quickly ran back in the direction from where you came. You saw Chishiya running out as he ran towards you. You were about to reunite with him when suddenly, the glass displays next to you shattered into pieces.

A scream accidentally left your lips from pure shock of how close you were to death once again. You tried to take a step closer to Chishiya once again, but you were stopped by gunshots.

"Go!" Chishiya yelled. "I'll find you at the King of Diamonds."

"But-!"

"Run, Y/N!"

You bit your lip in frustration as you turned around and ran in the opposite way. Chishiya ran the other way as well as the both of you were forced to separate. However, it seemed that the King of Spades had other plans for you.

Even as you ran, the gunshots still followed you. You occasionally glanced back and saw his cloaked figure following you, chasing you. You cursed and told yourself to just keep running. Run because your life depended on it.

Each time you tried to turn into a different direction, gunshots would stop you and force you to head into a different direction. He was chasing you like a predator to its prey.

Not long after, you found yourself in a more desolate part of the area. You noticed a large building up ahead, but the gunshots that kept shooting at you didn't allow you to see anything else but only forward. You kept running until eventually, you were forced into the building.

The gunshots stopped immediately and you paused as you tried to catch your breath. You looked at the closed door behind you, panting heavily as you escaped death three times in a row.